PDA

View Full Version : NO Respect

thegratefulwarrior
03-29-2013, 10:31 AM
I've been a Marquette fan my whole life and am used to dealing with the hate from the media, UW fans, etc. etc., but the lack of respect that this Warrior team has been shown is unprecedented. I get it--we were everyone's "trendy" upset pick in the first round. Everyone in the world is in love with Brad Stevens and Butler. And Miami was the sexy pick to make it the FF. That said, can everyone just sack up and admit that this is a good team and they deserve to be here?

I've been watching the 10 am Sports Center and the first mention of last nights games was 20-25 minutes into the show with MU's coming nearly 10 minutes later! (Sidebar--listening to Digger talk about MU is like putting bamboo shoots up your cuticles . . . still finds away to throw in that MU lost to the Domers in BE Tourney) TMJ 4 cannot even cover their bucky bias as a thread yesterday showed that they had UW's logo paired with Miami's when talking about last night's game. Every single national pundit picked Miami yesterday, and these clowns still find ways to say that Miami lost the game (as opposed to MU winning it) and pay backhanded compliments, at best, to MU.

I relish the role of an underdog, "but sooner or later you have to give credit where credit is do," - Vander.

Congrats Boys! Well done Buzz! Let's get to Atlanta!

GO WARRIORS!

Rant over.

MUMac
03-29-2013, 10:33 AM
I think the lack of respect is something that Buzz and the team is relishing right now. Frankly, I would love to be the least respected National Champion. I have absolutely no problem with that!