PDA

View Full Version : Torn on WVU and NCAA

Goose85
03-07-2012, 11:48 AM
I guess I / we can't lose on this one either way.

WVU doesn't make it into the dance - part of me is happy to say have fun in the NIT and Big 12 and don't let the door hit you in the back side.

On the other hand, if WVU does make it into the NCAA the way the NCAA pays out for NCAA basketball appearances would mean that WVU just made a few more bucks for the conference that they will never get a share of. I kind of like the ring of that one too.

Like I said - they don't make it and I'm happy that two from the "Iscariot Wing" of the conference don't go. If they do go, thanks for the $20 million plus more NCAA revenue, we appreciate it.

Goose85
03-07-2012, 01:48 PM
UConn beats WVU 71-67 in overtime. Wow.

So, what happens with WVU, are they in the Big Dance or just two stepping off to the NIT and the Big 12?

IWB
03-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Two stepping it to the NIT - How about that performance by Kevin Jones? While he did put up 26 points, in the last 12 minutes of the game he put the team on his back and pumped in two free throws. Did not score in OT either.

MU Viking
03-07-2012, 02:36 PM
Two stepping it to the NIT - How about that performance by Kevin Jones? While he did put up 26 points, in the last 12 minutes of the game he put the team on his back and pumped in two free throws. Did not score in OT either.

I have to admit, at this point, I'm so fed up with WVU fans, I hope they are NIT bound. At the very least, the fact that they have to sweat Selection Sunday makes me giggle. Screw 'em.

Nukem2
03-07-2012, 02:39 PM
WVU is probably going to dance given the weak bubble. Though, they could be in the First Four.......