PDA

View Full Version : Somebody do TC a favor.......

mufansince72
03-28-2013, 09:30 PM
And let him know that Syracuse is playing zone defense!

MUMac
03-28-2013, 09:32 PM
And let him know that Syracuse is playing zone defense!

Same TC zone offense. He is choking away the opportunity to lose to Marquette.

kneelb4zerg
03-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Did TC ever beat Syracuse when at Marquette? Don't think so.

mufansince72
03-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Same TC zone offense. He is choking away the opportunity to lose to Marquette.

I love that line Mac so I stole it and tweeted it a few times :)

kneelb4zerg
03-29-2013, 06:25 AM
I hope TC didn't cut down the nets to celebrate their S16 berth. We have a game to play on Saturday.

mutpm
03-29-2013, 09:22 AM
Interesting quote from TC in his post game. He said one thing they have tried to do is follow the blueprint of the Big East like they did at Marquette. This is Indiana, a school that has won multiple national championships playing in the "best" conference in the country and he needs to follow the blueprint of the Big East?

I'm loving the fact that MU has gone as far or further than IU in every season since Crean left.

Halo
03-29-2013, 10:44 AM
This whole bringing Indiana back from the dead is getting ridiculous. Just coach your team Crean without the bellyaching. Indiana was 14-4 in the last year before he took over. Great recruiting base. Quit covering your ass for being a great marketing guy and recruiter and sub par coach.

That game plan he had last night was embarrassing.

He needs a top notch assistant as a X's and O's guy as he can't do it and apparently no one on his staff can.

IWB
03-29-2013, 10:48 AM
14-4 they might have been, but they returned one below average scholarship player from that team. One. So the 14-4 means nothing.

Mucrisco
03-29-2013, 11:00 AM
I don't think his problem is that he doesn't understand X's and O's. I think his problem is that he over coaches. He tries to do too many things. Buzz allows his players to make plays. He just teaches them what a good shot is. TC dictates what plays they should be making and what shots they should be taking. By the end of the year, Buzz's teams have gotten better and better because they, themselves, understand the game. That's the difference between a motion offense and a set play offense.

IWB
03-29-2013, 11:04 AM
I don't think his problem is that he doesn't understand X's and O's. I think his problem is that he over coaches. He tries to do too many things.

Winner winner chicken dinner!!! I have been saying this since he was at MU. He knows how to coach, he is a good coach, but he over-coaches. Over thinks everything and ends up trying to do too much.

I am trying to remember what come from behind win it was during the season, but Buzz said in a post game that in th elast time out he did not draw up a play, he did not even talk about basketball. He asked the team who they thought they were and how they wanted to be defined. He basically left it up to them to prove themselves with the last possession. May look at that as crazy, as a dumb move, but it worked....and they are still playing two months later.

Nukem2
03-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner!!! I have been saying this since he was at MU. He knows how to coach, he is a good coach, but he over-coaches. Over thinks everything and ends up trying to do too much.

I am trying to remember what come from behind win it was during the season, but Buzz said in a post game that in th elast time out he did not draw up a play, he did not even talk about basketball. He asked the team who they thought they were and how they wanted to be defined. He basically left it up to them to prove themselves with the last possession. May look at that as crazy, as a dumb move, but it worked....and they are still playing two months later.I gues TC's best adjustments are those made at halftime. Otherwise, I suspect his mind is cluttered with 50 variations of his 200 ( or whatever # ) plays.

pbiflyer
03-29-2013, 01:35 PM

I am trying to remember what come from behind win it was during the season, but Buzz said in a post game that in th elast time out he did not draw up a play, he did not even talk about basketball. He asked the team who they thought they were and how they wanted to be defined. He basically left it up to them to prove themselves with the last possession. May look at that as crazy, as a dumb move, but it worked....and they are still playing two months later.

It is very similar to raising a child. Control everything they do and when they have to act on their own, they don't know what to do. Saw this so many times during freshmen orientation.
Give them some independence, experience success or failure based on their actions and they perform much better on their own later in life.

mufansince72
03-29-2013, 08:26 PM
I gues TC's best adjustments are those made at halftime. Otherwise, I suspect his mind is cluttered with 50 variations of his 200 ( or whatever # ) plays.

I always thought that Crean was good at planning for a game. It's just when his plan doesn't work he doesn't know what to do. I.E. make adjustments, do something different.