PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Johnson

kneelb4zerg
03-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Paint Touches ‏@PaintTouches 5m

Breaking news #mubb RT @Manny_Navarro: Just told Reggie Johnson won't be making trip to DC with the team. #UM

kneelb4zerg
03-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Michelle Kaufman ‏@kaufsports

Breaking news: hearing Reggie Johnson not making trip. Knee injury that may require surgeru. Stay tuned. @MiamiHerald @HeraldSports

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-26-2013, 05:00 PM
He hasn't been playing well lately, that will shorten their bench though.

CaribouJim
03-26-2013, 05:02 PM
That sucks on many levels - don't want anyone injured this time of year or ever for that matter, but Miami can pull it together in a do or die situation single game elimination, kind of like the Pitt game years ago when Jerel got hurt. That and if MU does win, many will say it was because RJ was hurt. Thing was, his game has been kind of off this season. Bummer - I hate injuries.

MU_Iceman
03-26-2013, 05:23 PM
He hasn't been playing well lately, that will shorten their bench though.

Exactly, and they were only 7-8 deep anyway, and Johnson was grabbing 7 Rebs per game.

bleedbluegold03
03-26-2013, 05:30 PM
I do think this could be a bigger deal than his current stats would suggest they might be. This now forces Miami to play much shorter as they now only have 2 players over 6'6" from their normal rotation. On offense, Buzz can hope to get one or the two of them in early foul trouble with the extended minutes they'll be forced to play and hopefully stall their offense much like Notre Dame was able to do to us once Otule and the Ox both had to sit in the second part of the 1st half.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-26-2013, 05:33 PM
I would also assume that Johnson is used to clear driving lanes for the guards, we need to play aggressive and attack the hoop on offense and really focus on rebounding defensively. This could be big for MU.

ge1974
03-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Not only will his rebounding will be missed but he sets alot of picks for Miami's shooters. This hurts their depth.