CaribouJim
03-26-2013, 11:17 AM
It's 11:16 AM CST as I type this.

MUBasketball
03-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Recap?????

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-26-2013, 02:31 PM
He was also on Goodman's radio show and set to be on PTI today... Buzz is sure making the rounds.

Goose85
03-26-2013, 02:44 PM
That is the value of making the sweet 16. For a week all 16 coaches are big news and get as much exposure as they want.

Incredible free advertising for the schools they represent. I hope Larry and Fr. P understand that and go out of their way to make sure Buzz isn't getting free publicity for another university next year.

Just think of Florida Gulf Coast - the whole country knows about the school now while a week ago it was just known to people in Florida and basketball junkies.

pbiflyer
03-26-2013, 04:16 PM
The announcer had a great line, something along the lines of "and you are just the man for the job."

CaribouJim
03-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Recap?????

Buzzisms more than anything else - talked about how they've gone against two Hall of Fame caliber coaches and will be going against a 3rd on Thursday. Talked about his wife's surgery and that she is more important than the NCAA's - nothing really to sink your teeth into.

IWB
03-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Caribou - while I agree that there was nothing you could sink your teeth into, I think that is because we know and are used to Buzz. For people around the country that watched that show that are not used to or around Buzz, I think people would come from that saying "WOW, is he impressive!" Talked about his respect for the other coaches, his love for his team, his culture and his wife. Something you woudn't expect to hear from a coach, unless like us, you are used to it.

I know a lot of coaches. They are all pretty similar in one way or another. I have not met another one that is anything like Buzz Williams.

TulsaWarrior
03-26-2013, 06:45 PM
"I know a lot of coaches. They are all pretty similar in one way or another. I have not met another one that is anything like Buzz Williams. "

IWB, That is why he is so important to Marquette. Anyone who really knows college basketball has to think the Marquette administation would be absolutely crazy to not do everything possible to keep Buzz at the school.

farmerdoc
03-26-2013, 08:52 PM
+1 Tulsa. I personally think it could be a tragedy for MU hoops if Buzz leaves after this year. Don't mess with Happy (or success).