PDA

View Full Version : TV awaits Buzz in the Future?

CaribouJim
03-26-2013, 10:26 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/20130326/pitino-calipari-tv-analysts-epl-nbc-sports/?sct=hp_t2_a12&eref=sihp

Some tidbits from Deitsch's weekly column:

Greenberg, in an email, also suggested Izzo, Pitino and Self as well as South Carolina coach Frank Martin ("He has a great feel for the game and is very well-spoken. And because of his teaching background, he has a way of making complicated things simple."), Marquette coach Buzz Williams ("A unique personality and is comfortable in his own skin.")

There are plenty of college basketball purists who don't love Barkley as an analyst but I can't get enough of him on the NCAA coverage. Why? Because he's not beholden to college coaches (or mythologizing them, baby) the way many other analysts do. One example came after Wisconsin was dropped in the opening round. "I have great respect for Coach [Bo] Ryan," Barkley said, "but I don't like the way they play."

Fox Sports announced last week it entered into a 12-year, multi-platform rights deal with the new Big East Conference, starting with the 2013-14 academic year. The agreement grants Fox rights to all conference-controlled men's basketball games, select rights to women's basketball, all Olympic sports and extensive rights for highlights and to produce ancillary programming. Fox Sports 1 will televise more than 100 men's regular-season Big East basketball games next season and the network is also scheduled to carry the entire Big East Men's Basketball Tournament each season.

Yikes - didn't think there would be that many games covered by them. I'm curious as to the Olympic sport content and the platform.

TheSultan
03-26-2013, 10:34 AM
I think the Fox Sports number includes both conference and non-conference. There are only going to be a total of 90 conference games.