PDA

View Full Version : DC stuff...

GOMU1104
03-24-2013, 10:11 PM
Not sure if anyone on the board is making the trip out this weekend, but I thought I'd pass a few things on...

-The Marquette bars are Hamilton's (official) and Penn Quarter Sports Tavern (unofficial...pretty close to the Verizon Center...used to be our official spot...not sure what happened). My guess is Penn quarter will have a pretty good mixture of all fans.

-If you are staying for the weekend and are looking to do something Friday, the Nationals are having an exhibition game at Nationals Park vs. The Yankees at 2 pm.

-Need help from IWB on this one...do you know what hotel they will be staying at?

IWB
03-25-2013, 12:52 AM
I will find out first thing in am.....

DCwarrior
03-25-2013, 08:34 AM
Cross the Hamilton off your list if you're looking for a "Marquette" bar. I work across the street from the Hamilton and I actually watched the Davidson game there. I was the only MU fan there. The place is more of a restaurant than a bar (the biggest restaurant/bar I've ever been in btw) that generally only draws the happy hour crowd of lawyers into the place.

GOMU1104
03-25-2013, 09:45 AM
Fair enough. I went there for a few of the early season games and it was packed with MU fans. I guess things changed.

I still like Penn Quarter. That's where I'll be...

pbiflyer
03-25-2013, 11:34 AM
Cross the Hamilton off your list if you're looking for a "Marquette" bar. I work across the street from the Hamilton and I actually watched the Davidson game there. I was the only MU fan there. The place is more of a restaurant than a bar (the biggest restaurant/bar I've ever been in btw) that generally only draws the happy hour crowd of lawyers into the place.

But if it is the official bar for the sweet sixteen, typically Marquette hosts a reception at the venue. May still want to confirm.

GOMU1104
03-26-2013, 10:59 AM
MU just send me this about the weekend:

http://www.marquette.edu/alumni/mubb/events.php

http://www.marquette.edu/alumni/mubb/documents/ScheduleofeventsDC.pdf

DCwarrior
03-26-2013, 03:49 PM
But if it is the official bar for the sweet sixteen, typically Marquette hosts a reception at the venue. May still want to confirm.

My apologies. I was thinking of The Hamilton, and not Hamilton's Bar. I've never been to the bar, but it looks like a much more festive place to watch a game.