PDA

View Full Version : So it begins...

AlexJesswein
03-24-2013, 09:21 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21940454/coaching-predictions-where-do-ucla-usc-turn

ValiantSailor
03-24-2013, 09:30 PM
How does it go...?

Better to say nothing and look dumb, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Same could be said for sportswriters....

VS

dubs98
03-24-2013, 09:35 PM
maybe this is a bad omen, but i am feeling better this year then many years past that Buzz will be sticking around. If him and the admin can continue to work through their differences I am starting to feel that Buzz may be here for the long haul with the only possible exception being Texas. He mentioned in his post game presser about the difficulty getting good jobs, turning them into great jobs, and in doing so gaining momentum. I think he realizes how all of his effort has gone into gaining the momentum he now has and may be ready to turn that into something special at MU. Maybe I am wrong, but I like the feel I have been getting listening to his interviews as of late.

For now, we are not a blue blood. That means every year Buzz will be linked to a coaching job. That is a good thing as that means our success is continuing.

TulsaWarrior
03-24-2013, 11:06 PM
You fire a coach who won his conference title and been to multiple Final Fours? I'm not sure that is a good job to have. Just saying.

IWB
03-25-2013, 12:51 AM
Won his conference title and went to the conference tourney championship.....oh, and three Final Fours.

mutpm
03-25-2013, 06:22 AM
Isn't the FGCU coach the perfect candidate? They play an exciting brand of basketball which the fans want and he has a model for a wife. Seems like the perfect fit for Westwood.

TheSultan
03-25-2013, 08:13 AM
Isn't the FGCU coach the perfect candidate? They play an exciting brand of basketball which the fans want and he has a model for a wife. Seems like the perfect fit for Westwood.

I think he would need a couple steps in between first. He has a hot team at the right time.

TheSultan
03-25-2013, 08:13 AM
Oh and now Mike Hunt decides to repeat it...

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/199846231.html

What a dork.

ValiantSailor
03-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Oh and now Mike Hunt decides to repeat it...

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/199846231.html

What a dork.

Paybacks. Didn't Buzz make reference to the poor coverage in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel while talking to the team a couple of days ago?

VS

TulsaWarrior
03-25-2013, 09:19 AM
What makes an interesting story? How about some insight into who Buzz is and what he wants. Has there ever been a major stream media guy at the JS who has bothered to try to figure that out? That will tell you what might or might not happen and what kind of work situation Buzz wants not only for himself but for his family.

Markedman
03-25-2013, 10:26 AM
How could he say no?

Well it might sound something like this...."thanks but no ...I have a great job here"

Goose85
03-25-2013, 10:54 AM
I'd like to see Howland go to USC. Now that would make for some interest in college hoops in LA.

warriorfan4life
03-25-2013, 11:32 AM
I'd like to see Howland go to USC. Now that would make for some interest in college hoops in LA.

I think Howland is an excellent coach, but he needs out of LaLa land as his style has not meshed with the prep and AAU coaches out there. SLU should already have been in contact with him, as I think he could kill it there and keep their strong recent run going.

Litehouse
03-25-2013, 12:17 PM
I thought the same thing, Howland would be a great hire for SLU.

Goose85
03-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Would Howland at SLU put them over Dayton for consideration in the new Big East? I'd think if it were a tie that could be a tie breaker for SLU.

Shaka Smart, if he goes UCLA or Minn, could also be the move that helps Richmond get more buy in for the new Big East.

Let's hope Buzz and other coaches in the new Big East stay put.

warriorfan4life
03-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Would Howland at SLU put them over Dayton for consideration in the new Big East? I'd think if it were a tie that could be a tie breaker for SLU.

Shaka Smart, if he goes UCLA or Minn, could also be the move that helps Richmond get more buy in for the new Big East.

Let's hope Buzz and other coaches in the new Big East stay put.

I feel good about Stevens, at least for this year, as I do not think that his top assistant (and likely successor at Butler) Matthew Graves takes the South Alabama job if Stevens was gone.