PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of JUCOS...

CaribouJim
03-06-2012, 02:33 PM
...here is my All-Time MU JUCO team. Smallish, but highly skilled although I'm probabaly missing a couple prospective 1st teamers.

PG - Sam Worthen
2G - DJO
Center - Jerome Whitehead
PF - Jae Crowder
SF - Jimmy Butler

All played and/or will play in the NBA as I am confident that our two seniors will next year.

Now I have to start thinking about an MU All-Time transfer team. Jimmy Boylan...

MUMac
03-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Awfully hard to leave Lucky Lloyd off the team. I loved Sam's passing, but Walton was one spark plug of a Guard. Get's the nod for me by shutting down Adrian Dantley at ND in '76 when Al went to a Box and 1.

TedBaxter
03-06-2012, 02:44 PM
If I had to do an all-transfer team, I'd include Jim Boylan, Walter Downing, Ron Curry, David Boone and Robert Jackson with Ulice Payne and Jerry Homan on the high honorable mention list. Jamil Wilson could join the top 5 in a couple years.

Nukem2
03-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Yeah, Lloyd has to be ahead of Sam.

CaribouJim
03-06-2012, 02:56 PM
Awfully hard to leave Lucky Lloyd off the team. I loved Sam's passing, but Walton was one spark plug of a Guard. Get's the nod for me by shutting down Adrian Dantley at ND in '76 when Al went to a Box and 1.

It was a tough call for me, but Sam was a 1st team AA, although Lloyd had a longer NBA career. Sam might have been the purest passer ever for MU, at least IMO, and could post up anyone. Lloyd was maybe the best penetrate and dish guy ever for MU.

MUMac
03-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Great analysis Caribou. I did love watching Sam pass the ball. I still remember the first exhibition game he played, where he nearly took Toone's head off as he was cutting and Sam whips one behind his head to Toone.

CaribouJim
03-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Great analysis Caribou. I did love watching Sam pass the ball. I still remember the first exhibition game he played, where he nearly took Toone's head off as he was cutting and Sam whips one behind his head to Toone.

I've said it before, but that '78-'79 team was a darn good team, very underrated and had a good chance against DePaul who ended up in the FF. Three guys went to the NBA - Toone, Sam and Michael Wilson. Some other good players in O. Lee and Odell Ball and Artie Green's breakaway dunks. Team ended up in the top 10, but I think that was before the NCAA maybe?

MUMac
03-07-2012, 04:42 PM
You are correct. I still remember the pass to Toone on a breakaway that just went off his hands against De Paul in the tourney. I always thought if Toone connect, MU takes control. Would have put them up by 10, I believe. Then De Paul comes down and scores to fuel their comeback.

835schroeder
03-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Bob Lackey was the captain of the 1972 team! He was also the baddest dude of all time !