PDA

View Full Version : Notes From Last Night's Bout

bleedbluegold03
03-24-2013, 09:49 AM
1. B2B2B

2. NBA-talent players win March, and Marquette certainly has been led by their two

3. Clarke scored his last points at the 15 minute mark of the 2nd half, then went 0 for his last 7

4. Free Throws

5. Very much looking forward to playing the ButDawgs twice a year

6. REALLY hoping we get over the S16 hump this year, as Buzz said at Marquette Madness, it is no longer enough

TheSultan
03-24-2013, 09:54 AM
Two years ago, my head said that they were not going to get past Carolina.

Last year I thought they would beat Florida, but in retrospect were too reliant on two players.

This year reminds me of the Tennessee team that won the national championship team after Peyton Manning left...everyone is forced to up their game because Jae or DJO isn't walking through that door. I think they do it this year. I really do.

AbovetheRim
03-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Two years ago, my head said that they were not going to get past Carolina.

Last year I thought they would beat Florida, but in retrospect were too reliant on two players.

This year reminds me of the Tennessee team that won the national championship team after Peyton Manning left...everyone is forced to up their game because Jae or DJO isn't walking through that door. I think they do it this year. I really do.

Win the national title???

TheSultan
03-24-2013, 10:38 AM
Win the national title???

Ha...no. Take the next step to at least the Elite 8.

bleedbluegold03
03-24-2013, 10:53 AM
rewatched the second half and, as I thought in game, Clarke's last make coincided with him injuring his wrist. changed the game

lastly 1 more win, and I think Blue makes the All Tourney team and (if he comes back) could be NBE Preseason Player of the Year

Gato78
03-24-2013, 11:25 AM
We also really concentrated on forcing him left. Derrick in particular overplayed a great deal. Derrick's best game at MU.

mufan2003
03-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Great points bleedbluegold03. Also agree about Derrick Wilson, MU wore Clarke down, the beauty of being able to play 11 guys.