PDA

View Full Version : Wichita St

Mucrisco
03-23-2013, 10:18 PM
I've been telling you guys, Wichita St would be a great addition to the conference. Their stadium is always packed and hostile, they have a good team, and a great coach. It won't happen, but it would be awesome to go in that atmosphere and have to win a game.

TheSultan
03-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Greg Marshall can coach. Big time.

Nukem2
03-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Greg Marshall can coach. Big time.
Yep. Remember that game against his team the Amigoes frosh year. Marshall can do it.

Mucrisco
03-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Wichita St and VCU should be the final two teams. How incredible would that be? The only thing that would suck is those two coaches would be my favorites for Buzz's replacement. Maybe we would never need that.

bleedbluegold03
03-24-2013, 09:19 AM
+ Wichita St (Kansas)
+ Gonzaga (Washington)

East:
St. John's
Georgetown
Providence
Seton Hall
Villanova
Xavier

West:
Marquette
DePaul
Creighton
Butler
Gonzaga
Wichita St

MUMac
03-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Oh boy, another Gonzaga debate is about to start. Isn't there a dead horse somewhere? :rolleyes:

Mucrisco
03-30-2013, 08:56 PM
Anyone else jumping on the Wichita St to the New Big East bandwagon?:cool:

MUMac
03-30-2013, 08:58 PM
Not I. I lived in Wichita for a few years. I just don't think it is a fit or sustainable. Just my opinion. They are a better fit in the MVC.

Mucrisco
03-30-2013, 09:03 PM
Understandable. I've never been there. Honest question. Have you been to one of their games? I saw them on TV this year, and the atmosphere was incredible. They really packed the place and they were loud. I noticed they get great attendance, even at their women's basketball and volleyball games. So, I'd imagine they always support their men's basketball team. Do they always get that crazy for their games, or did I just watch a big game? My criteria has always been good team, community that cares about their team, cool arena, and administrators that care about basketball. That place seems to fit perfectly. I would love to see Marquette have to go into the environment and have to win a game. Contrast that with going into all-state.

MUBasketball
03-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Not I. I lived in Wichita for a few years. I just don't think it is a fit or sustainable. Just my opinion. They are a better fit in the MVC.

I too have been in favor of Wichita but like Crisco, have never been there. Care to elaborate on why you don't think they are a good fit? Maybe they aren't. Do you think Creighton is a good fit?

MUMac
03-30-2013, 09:10 PM
Yes, it was quite a few years ago. Fun time and the arena is a hornets nest. I think, though, the fan support may not be sustainable. They have had some very good teams and the support does wane, expectable, in the down times. Unfortunately, it is 3rd in line in Kansas to KU, KSU and then you have Mizzou, OU, OSU to compete for players - in addition to Tulsa, ORU ... I liken them to a UWGB in the Bennett/Heideman era (not longevity). I always liked Marshall and if he leaves, WSU is a tough school to attract a new coach. Would Marshall be a target this year? Next? Likely. That, to me, is the risk.

MUBasketball
03-30-2013, 09:11 PM
Yes, it was quite a few years ago. Fun time and the arena is a hornets nest. I think, though, the fan support may not be sustainable. They have had some very good teams and the support does wane, expectable, in the down times. Unfortunately, it is 3rd in line in Kansas to KU, KSU and then you have Mizzou, OU, OSU to compete for players - in addition to Tulsa, ORU ... I liken them to a UWGB in the Bennett/Heideman era (not longevity). I always liked Marshall and if he leaves, WSU is a tough school to attrack a new coach. Would Marshall be a target this year? Next? Likely. That, to me, is the risk.

Ya, valid points.