PDA

View Full Version : Bucks Coach Boylan on MU

Goose85
03-23-2013, 01:42 PM
In the Bucks section of the J/S this morning.

Bucks coach Jim Boylan said he watched Marquette's last second NCAA Tournament victory over Davidson on Friday, but he had to watch on his computer because the game was on TruTv and not on one of the major networks.

Was he worried?
"I told the guys this morning when we played in 1977 and we wn it (the NCAA title), coach Al McGuire told us that we were going to have to win at least two games by three points or less." Boylan said. "So there's game No.1 for the Marquette Golden Eagles." "That's my school. I love my Marquette team. But I cheer for the whole state of Wisconsin, though."

Nice to see the Bucks coach is still keeping tabs on his old school.

Phantom Warrior
03-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Al also said you have to be lucky in the NCAA, which we certainly were in '77. When Dudley (of all people) got the basket against Cinci (or was it K State?), I thought about how lucky we were to win that game. And then, of course, there was Whitehead's game-winner against Charlotte.

I was thinking about those games and Al's comments during the comeback against Davidson.

Nukem2
03-23-2013, 02:16 PM
Al also said you have to be lucky in the NCAA, which we certainly were in '77. When Dudley (of all people) got the basket against Cinci (or was it K State?), I thought about how lucky we were to win that game. And then, of course, there was Whitehead's game-winner against Charlotte.

I was thinking about those games and Al's comments during the comeback against Davidson.The Cloud Piercer's basket was against K-State, a game that reminds me of the Davidson game. MU routed Cincy behind Toone's big second half ( after his half-time altercation with Al ).

IWB
03-23-2013, 03:31 PM
If MU was playing at the Bradley Center while the Bucks were in town this year, Boylan was there.