PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from Lexington

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-22-2013, 12:18 PM
So we decided to check out UK's campus and the Lexington area and after doing so I am even more convinced that Coach Cal is running a shady business, first off there isn't very much happening in this city, second it is pretty dated and run down. I will say that they are pretty rabid about UK down here, but I certainly don't think players are coming to UK for their location or the social scene.

I was however at a local establishment last night and there were some Mizzou , UL, Butler, and WVU fans all sitting around talking hoops and when he walked up the UL fans immediately said that they love Buzz because of his dance at WVU after the win. The WVU fans said they hated that Buzz did it but respect that he apologized right after and said that it takes some real balls to do something like that and that you have to respect it. Consensus among all parties involved was that they hate that their teams either left or are leaving. The WVU fans said that the B12 fans are all arrogant and they wish they were back in the BE. The Mizzou fans said the same about the SEC and B12 respectively, its a damn shame, but they all seemed to respect the new BE, the Mizzou and WVU fans even admitted that our new conference will be top 3 or 4 year in and year out.

As for the game itself I was very impressed with how well Davidson fans showed up, they were loud for most of the game, and after the loss they were polite and congratulated us. I am excited for the Butler rematch, they didn't seem to have as many fans as Davidson, but who knows maybe more will make the trek for Saturday.