PDA

View Full Version : And the Title for "Most Entertaining Season" Goes to...

bleedbluegold03
03-22-2013, 12:23 AM
Being 12 years old (the cusp of retaining firm memories) in 2003 when Marquette went to the Final Four I will say that for me, this has been the most entertaining season I can remember in my life time. A fantastic amount of gritty wins and CLUTCH plays. Let's recap:

- Clark shot
- Beating Madison (two in a row)
- UWGB loss
- Cadougan shot vs. UConn
- OT in Pitt
- undefeated at home (2nd longest)
- Blue shot at STJ
- Winning conference
- Miracle minute vs Davidson

For every year we speak on getting messed over by karma and the like, this year has done loads in terms of evening the scales.

TulsaWarrior
03-22-2013, 07:35 AM
A lot of the wins have been downright ugly this season. That said Marquette under Buzz Williams has always made me proud. The teams never go into the tank when they're down. Five seasons, five different team strengths that are used to the max. The Three Amigos unchained, Lazar, Butler, Crowder/DJO and now a winning team by committee with Vander Blue becoming chairman.

The funny thing about yesterday is many commentators didn't get it. Ugly or not Marquette found a way to win. "Miracle Minute" in deed. Did you see the Father Pilarz face and Larry Williams fist clenched as the shot went in. These are two Catholics who got a little more religion and have a stronger faith than ever before.

Life is made up of moments. This may have been the most pivital one in recent Marquette history. It took place when a teacher and his students displayed faith and excellance on a national stage.

Father Dan's Camera
03-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Don't forget the condensation game and the Bradley center bat.....

IWB
03-22-2013, 07:59 AM
Fr Dan beat me to it - and add in the conference drama around it all.

ge1974
03-22-2013, 08:13 AM
And the flawed jump balll at the beginning of overtime against UCONN which went Marquette's way.

IWB
03-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Good God GE I forgot about that - two teams going the wrong way, not realizing until they went to call goal tending on Jamil Wilson at his own hoop.

That was crazy.