PDA

View Full Version : Vander Blue

Halo
03-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Thank You. You will be forever remembered at MU with the winning shot to give us a BE title and the winning shot today for the NCAA tournament win. What a career.

Goose85
03-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Agree - Thanks Vander.

Cool thing about those two winning shots.
St. John's to clinch Big East title - drive to right and finish with right hand.
NCAA win over Davidson - drive to left and finish with left hand.

A couple of shots that will go down in MU history.

Hamostradamus
03-22-2013, 09:58 AM
I was just surfing Buckyville threads from 2009-10 about Blue compared to Gasser. Sucks that Gasser got hurt this year, but they were rolling in their own crapulance back then about how lucky they were to have Blue de-committ (or Bo cooled on him, I can't recall which), how Gasser is the better prospect, etc.

Mucrisco
03-22-2013, 10:07 AM
I remember how they were going to compare the careers of Landry and Matthews. They were sure, Landry would develop into the better player, since he went to Madison. Thank goodness we have Vander! Not many players can go to the hoop like that with their left hand. He and Wilson were huge at the end of the game.

Halo
03-22-2013, 10:15 AM
I recall many Badger fans saying they are glad he didn't go to UW and that only conference titles matter. Glad Vander was able to get a conference title for Marquette. Without him at MU, it doesn't happen.

And where are the MU fans saying Vander can't finish at the hoop? Two winning shots that were historic at opposite sides of the hoop. Well done Van!

Goose85
03-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Vander has worked hard and really developed each year (finishing at the hoop, outside shooting).

Assuming he further develops over the offseason as he has done every year at MU, it will be crazy how good he will be next season. Thankfully, we still get to enjoy more of this season from Vander and the team.

IrwinFletcher
03-22-2013, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE=Goose85;28468]Vander has worked hard and really developed each year (finishing at the hoop, outside shooting).

Last year, Vander would have tried to finish that layup with his right hand. It would have been easily blocked and we lose the game. Give him a ton of credit for working on his opposite hand. It certainly paid off.

The Reptile
03-22-2013, 11:09 AM
In the words of Will Farrell, and now all Marquette fans, "you're may boy, Blue, you're my boy".