PDA

View Full Version : MU vs Davidson

IWB
03-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Game time - ill start off with a phone call I just got from Fr Dans Camera in Lexington. He just spoke with Fr Pilarz - Pilarz said he flew from NYC to Lexington with the president of Butler. Pilarz tried convincing him that it is important for the new conference that MU beats Butler. He said it would be in the conference's best interest as that way the NCAA tourney credits stay with the new Big East as opposed to the A-10. Pilarz said he doesn't know if he bought it, but it was worth the try.

Fr Pilarz earned a couple of points with that one.

CaribouJim
03-21-2013, 01:40 PM
At least a couple points!

The Reptile
03-21-2013, 06:16 PM
Now, all Fr. P needs to do is show Buzz some love.

Mucrisco
03-21-2013, 07:05 PM
I'm using this tactic on friends from Butler.

Halo
03-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Good to hear. My opinion is that Fr. Pilarz and Larry Williams should be getting tremendous credit for the navigation of Marquette and the C7 to the new Big East. They have taken their fair share of pot shots from many people, deserved or not, rumors or not and need to be applauded for saving Marquette and securing their future.

I have always felt the most important thing they needed to do first was to ensure MU wasn't left behind in the realignment over the whole coaching thing. And they did that. If you don't have a strong conference with great resources and exposure, the whole program starts to go down the tubes with us sitting in Big Ten country. Coaches come and go. But conference affiliation can really make or break you. Whoever the coach is at Marquette, we are now in a great position to pay, support, recruit and retain (hopefully Buzz!) thanks to the work of the C7 leaders-which was Marquette.

Now, just need to lock Buzz up as Coach for the next decade! It's critical for the new BE to retain these young coaches they have.

Goose85
03-22-2013, 08:43 AM
Now, just need to lock Buzz up as Coach for the next decade! It's critical for the new BE to retain these young coaches they have.

I agree, it is critical to position this as a top coaches league - JT3, Buzz, Stevens, Wright, Lavin, etc. The league and Fox need to figure out a way to incent these coaches to stick around.

MayorBeluga
03-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Hizzoner was among those in that pregame conversation with Fr. P. DePaul came up somehow and several times we mentioned that the biggest difference was a true "university commitment" to men's hoops. Take it for what it's worth, but Fr. P agreed. Someone also mentioned that Buzz did an incredible job this season and Fr. P agreed. Again, take it for what it's worth.

Father Dan's Camera
03-22-2013, 09:50 AM
I too was surprised that Fr P was as openly critical of DePaul

Mucrisco
03-22-2013, 10:16 AM
I've used this tactic on many Butler fans, and it definitely has caused them to hesitate a bit. Haha, thanks.

IrwinFletcher
03-22-2013, 10:20 AM
I am glad that we are playing Butler again for the sole reason of starting this rivalry off a bit early with our new conference brother. If we win this thing, both schools will remember these games and will create a great atmosphere for our two games with them next season.