PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else...

MU Viking
03-19-2013, 08:35 AM
Anyone else almost relishing the fact that we're getting so disrespected as an early Tournament out? I have a feeling the team will be well aware of this, and that Buzz will use it as some motivation. I think we see Marquette's A game on Thursday, which is what we will need to beat a solid Davidson squad. I do think this plays to our favor somewhat, though, as there is absolutely no overlooking Davidson.

TheSultan
03-19-2013, 08:44 AM
I do agree with you. While I understand why people are picking Davidson, I think MU is going to win this fairly handily.

MUMac
03-19-2013, 09:10 AM
I prefer the underdog role for this team. IMHO, they are better served with that. Keeps an edge to them.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-19-2013, 09:31 AM
My fear is they will be completely disrespected, they will come out and hammer Davidson, then people will start talking about how good we are and we will lay an egg in round 2...

Nukem2
03-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Won't be an easy game. Looks similar to the Utah State game several years ago. A team with a good big man, a solid forward and a bunch of solid shooters, little front court depth and a very good/experienced coach. Of course, Utah State had a huge "home court" advantage. Will be interesting to see how the crowd plays out at Rupp.

MU Viking
03-19-2013, 09:57 AM
I also like that we're an afternoon game and not prime time when everyone will be keyed on the upset. A lot is starting to play in our favor in weird ways, I think.

Djgoldnboy
03-19-2013, 10:09 AM
It will fire up the team for sure. That being said, filling out brackets this morning on CBSSportsline, 88% of the people have picked MU so far in our game. So maybe a lot of hype with not a lot of actual believers.