PDA

View Full Version : 3 Seed

MUMac
03-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Big East Respect. Chance to get revenge against Butler!!

CaribouJim
03-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Holy crap!!!!!

Gato78
03-17-2013, 05:35 PM
We got respect!!

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-17-2013, 05:47 PM
That is CRAZY!!! AWESOME!!! Already have my hotel booked in Lexington! That is HUGE, cannot wait to take it to Butler! I have a cousin who goes to Butler and she has been talking a lot of crap since Maui.

TheSultan
03-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Butler hasn't improved this year and finished fifth in their conference. This is a great draw for the S16. (If we get to Miami, I am not very confident about that however.) And Butler might not get past Bucknell.

And you know who else got a favorable draw? Wisconsin. Ole Miss in the first round and potentially Kansas State and Gonzaga? I bet they get to the Elite 8.

MUMac
03-17-2013, 05:55 PM
The thing about Miami, they have not been to a tournament since 2008. They have not been to a Sweet 16 since 2000. Experience could matter. At least, I hope.

I agree, I think UW received a favorable draw. KSU is coached by Bruce Webber, who UW knows well. If the shoot, they will be in the Elite 8.

MU_Iceman
03-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Butler hasn't improved this year and finished fifth in their conference. This is a great draw for the S16. (If we get to Miami, I am not very confident about that however.) And Butler might not get past Bucknell.

And you know who else got a favorable draw? Wisconsin. Ole Miss in the first round and potentially Kansas State and Gonzaga? I bet they get to the Elite 8.

I disagree...Marshall Henderson can absolutely light it up(ala Steph Curry), and their bigs are underrated. Even if they do get past that game, they will play Kansas St in Kansas City. That's like their second home.

Cooby Snacks
03-17-2013, 06:14 PM
I disagree...Marshall Henderson can absolutely light it up(ala Steph Curry), and their bigs are underrated. Even if they do get past that game, they will play Kansas St in Kansas City. That's like their second home.

There will be plenty of KU fans there rooting against K-St...so it'll be more neutral than you would think.

kneelb4zerg
03-17-2013, 06:20 PM
This might be the best draw I can remember, based on matchups and location. Better than last year for sure.

MUAlphaBangura
03-17-2013, 06:37 PM
This might be the best draw I can remember, based on matchups and location. Better than last year for sure.

Actually, it's the same BS as last year. If we get past the 1st round, they most likely will play Butler, basically in their neighborhood, just like having to play Murray St. in Louisville. Hopefully we would have the Louisville fans cheering for us as opposed to the Kentucky bitch fans last year.

kneelb4zerg
03-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Playing Butler in Lexington is 'their neighborhood?' That's a stretch.

TheSultan
03-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Yeah, Lexington is almost 200 miles from Indianapolis. That would be like saying Peoria is in Marquette's neighborhood.

MUAlphaBangura
03-17-2013, 07:02 PM
Playing Butler in Lexington is 'their neighborhood?' That's a stretch.

It's a lot closer than Milwaukee. We are the 3 seed. Butler travels well. Don't see much of a stretch there.

MUMac
03-17-2013, 07:02 PM
I doubt Kentucky fans care about Butler. Perhaps he was thinking of Louisville, that is closer to Indy, but still a stretch that it is the same as Murray State. Murray State was played in Kentucky and followed the Kentucky Wildcats. Plenty of fans that would cheer for the local. Butler, not so local.

MUAlphaBangura
03-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Yeah, Lexington is almost 200 miles from Indianapolis. That would be like saying Peoria is in Marquette's neighborhood.

If we were a 6 seed playing the 3 seed, say New Mexico-- yes Peoria would be in Marquette's neighborhood.

Gato78
03-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Butler does travel well. They had a very good contingent in Maui--surprising how many were there based on the size of the school. Louisville fans will be split. Some love us and some hate us. It will be nothing like last year at The Yum. Kentucky fans were obnoxiously for Murray State.

kneelb4zerg
03-17-2013, 07:21 PM
I can't envision a better matchup/draw/location than what we got. Stop whining its annoying.

MayorBeluga
03-17-2013, 07:25 PM
Kentucky fans were obnoxiously for Murray State.

You should have stopped after "obnoxious"

Gato78
03-17-2013, 07:28 PM
That would have been redundant.

You should have stopped after "obnoxious"

MUAlphaBangura
03-17-2013, 07:48 PM
I can't envision a better matchup/draw/location than what we got. Stop whining its annoying.

Well, if you can't envision it, everybody else must be wrong. Most would consider it discussion, but because it doesn't suit your opinion it is whining. And thanks for telling us what to do almighty message board policeman.

kneelb4zerg
03-17-2013, 07:49 PM
well, if you can't envision it, everybody else must be wrong. Most would consider it discussion, but because it doesn't suit your opinion it is whining. And thanks for telling us what to do almighty message board policeman.

no problem!

TheSultan
03-17-2013, 08:04 PM
It's a lot closer than Milwaukee. We are the 3 seed. Butler travels well. Don't see much of a stretch there.

By the time we possibly play Butler, we are going to be in an arena packed with Louisville fans. And Butler has a relatively small fan base. I'm not worried.

JohnnyRev
03-17-2013, 10:08 PM
We cannot just presume we'll beat Davidson. Two sports shows tonight picked Davidson to upset Marquette, and the national Fox guy didn't even hesitate in doing so.

kneelb4zerg
03-17-2013, 10:13 PM
According to Pomeroy, Davidson is the highest rated of all the 14 seeds, but Butler and Bucknell are the lowest rated of all the 6 and 11 seeds , respectively.

This is a great draw, but obviously Davidson is no pushover.