PDA

View Full Version : Scouting...

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-16-2013, 06:21 PM
Do you think now that Buzz and Co. Can reasonably assume that we will be a 4 or 5 seed that they will begin scouting teams in advance? I think when you look at it you can look and figure out who potential 2nd round matchups may be, while you don't want to look ahead you also don't want to waste having this free week to get some extra work in. That way next week you can focus on your 1st round matchup and have a good start on your potential 2nd round matchup already.

Markedman
03-16-2013, 06:43 PM
They have tape on everybody but I doubt they will spend much time on anyone until the bracket comes out..time better spent on finding a way to stop turning the ball over......if we don't fix that it doesn't really matter who we play.

MUAlphaBangura
03-16-2013, 08:50 PM
They have tape on everybody but I doubt they will spend much time on anyone until the bracket comes out..time better spent on finding a way to stop turning the ball over......if we don't fix that it doesn't really matter who we play.

Exactly. They have plenty of work to do to make Marquette better before the tournament.

IWB
03-17-2013, 11:03 AM
I was able to catch all of this last year.

As soon as the brackets are announced, the coaches will huddle in the back room. Here are the three possibilities.... Team X, Y & Z. First Buzz will say, "You take X, you Y & you Z." Then the coaches will lobby - "I have experience with this team, this conference etc."..... "I have relationships that can help with this & that." Then Buzz will assess and adjust the assignments. Then the assistant coaches kiss their wives, say good bye to their kids and go to The AL where they go to work.

Hearing the coaches lobby for the assignments was actually pretty cool.