PDA

View Full Version : More Trouble for Syracuse

Goose85
03-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Yahoo sports is reporting that Syracuse may have violated its internal drug policy.

At some point I wonder how much longer a 67 year old Jim Boeheim wants to continue to coach. It just seems like Syracuse (and probably rightfully so) has a target on their back of late. He may want to see year 1 in the ACC (at the age of 69 or 70 depending on Big East departure date) but not sure how much longer.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/news?slug=ys-syracuse_basketball_investigation_drug_violation_0 30512

CaribouJim
03-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Agreed - I thought he was going to quit before last year - he just looks burnt out and this year hasn't been a walk in the park as far as off court stuff. I think he may quit after next year as down deep he can't be happy with moving from the Big East - he can be almost considered one of the founding fathers of the Big East. I find it hard to think that he'll hang in there for another year after next.

IWB
03-05-2012, 05:08 PM
When it first came out that they were moving to the ACC he bitched - and then quickly changed his tune. He does not want to coach in the ACC. With the Bernie Fine deal and now this, he may not wait that long.

Goose85
03-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Boeheim has a great team with a real shot this season. After this season mock Syracuse will lose some of their top guys (Melo, Joseph, and if any others go early) but he has one top 10 (Coleman) and another top 40 player (Grant) coming in next season so it is not like the cupboard will be completely bare.

Goose85
03-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Love Boeheim's quote "I don't know anything about it." Really, you are the head hoops coach for how many years and you once again (Bernie Fine / wife) don't know anything?

Now I understand the smoking of pot on a college campus is not an earth shattering revelation, but acting like you don't know anything about it comes off pretty bad.

CaribouJim
03-06-2012, 12:24 PM
When it first came out that they were moving to the ACC he bitched - and then quickly changed his tune. He does not want to coach in the ACC. With the Bernie Fine deal and now this, he may not wait that long.

This guy from SI agrees with us:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/325112-ex-big-east-commish-cant-see-boeheim-in-acc?sct=cb_bf1_a4&eref=fromSI&eref=fromSI