PDA

View Full Version : Louisville causing Villanova to "kick it all over the place"

mufan2003
03-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Just like they did to MU last year in the Quarterfinals. The key against Louisville is protecting the ball and getting a good shot. Their defensive pressure if off the charts.

bleedbluegold03
03-14-2013, 06:35 PM
the key - as Bilas just alluded to - is how closely the refs call the game. They let Smith and Siva go wild on our guards in Louisville earlier this year and the physicality displayed so far today does not bode well for us

MUMac
03-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Louisville get's away with a lot of fouls. They slap across the arms and create body contact without getting calls against them. I don't understand why, but I would say that it reminds me of the old Cincy teams. Maybe the officials feel that everyone would foul out, so they don't call anything.

Markedman
03-14-2013, 07:00 PM
I just think they are impressive.......Love the way they play D....so disruptive..

MUMac
03-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Oh, I love the way they play D as well. They don't need to get away with the rake across the arm or the body bumps to be successful with that style. When they do get away with it, they are unstoppable, because it is not fair.

MU_Iceman
03-14-2013, 07:06 PM
The FT line is wide open against the Ville because of high high up their guards pressure and double team. If MU plays them again, after Junior gets the ball across half court, put the ball in Jamil's hands. He'd bigger, not as easy for the Guards to knock it away, and he can pass over the top. Then I have Vander flash across(or Davante) at the FT line, then Vander can either hit his mid range jumper or drive to the hole. Their are ways of beating their D, you just have to find the holes in it, and they are there.

MUMac
03-14-2013, 07:36 PM
They are the best defensive team in the country(only Florida is even close) per Pomeroy so if their are holes in that defense few if any of the great coaches that have played against them have been able to exploit them.....

Dieng really is disruptive on the inside. How many bunnies either did not draw iron or just barely drew iron tonight because of his length and positioning. They do have the pieces in place for the defense they run. Quick guards and long athletic bigs.