PDA

View Full Version : Richmond....

IWB
03-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Wow, up 3 with 4.7 seconds left, foul and get three Ts. Charlotte's Pierria Henry hits 8 straight free throws and Richmond loses by 5.

ziggysfryboy
03-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Depaul has joined GT in wanting Richmond in the NBE.

Hamostradamus
03-14-2013, 02:10 PM
Great line from ESPN:

Mooney paced outside the locker room for several minutes after being led off the court, muttering, "How can they decide the game ..."

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-14-2013, 02:34 PM
What were the T's for?! With 4.7 sec left you have to be trying to get three techs!

Markedman
03-14-2013, 03:00 PM
Guess who is number 1 for the season in the Pomeroy "luck" rankings? lol

Yep...Charlotte......http://kenpom.com/index.php?s=RankLuck

MUMac
03-14-2013, 03:11 PM
What were the T's for?! With 4.7 sec left you have to be trying to get three techs!

Based on this write up, not as sketchy as it sounded. First T sounds like a foolish play by the Richmond player. I suspect Mooney's first T was because he felt they were not in the act of shooting the 3 and the last one was just icing on the cake.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2013/basketball/ncaa/wires/03/14/2060.ap.bkc.a10.charlotte.richmond.1st.ld.writethr u.0280/

KMWTRUCKS
03-14-2013, 03:13 PM
we are 23.

Cooby Snacks
03-14-2013, 03:16 PM

So Richmond was up 3 and fouled before Charlotte could put up a shot to tie. On the first free throw, a Charlotte player wrapped up the Richmond guy who was boxing him out as the free throw went in. The Richmond player then extended an arm to throw him off, and the Charlotte player flopped. First technical to Richmond. When Charlotte inbounded, Richmond fouled immediately to stop the clock and got called (incorrectly) for an intentional foul. Then Richmond's coach got T'd up for pointing out the obvious.

MUMac
03-14-2013, 03:21 PM
So Richmond was up 3 and fouled before Charlotte could put up a shot to tie. On the first free throw, a Charlotte player wrapped up the Richmond guy who was boxing him out as the free throw went in. The Richmond player then extended an arm to throw him off, and the Charlotte player flopped. First technical to Richmond. When Charlotte inbounded, Richmond fouled immediately to stop the clock and got called (incorrectly) for an intentional foul. Then Richmond's coach got T'd up for pointing out the obvious.

According to the article I linked, the second Richmond foul was not an intentional foul, but the player forced up a shot and they said it was in the act of shooting and gave him 3 FT's. It said Henry made 8 of 11 FT's.

Markedman
03-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Yep we sure are

we are 23.

Cooby Snacks
03-14-2013, 03:31 PM
According to the article I linked, the second Richmond foul was not an intentional foul, but the player forced up a shot and they said it was in the act of shooting and gave him 3 FT's. It said Henry made 8 of 11 FT's.

Ah, that makes more sense. I was going off the Digger and Jalen Rose interpretation of events from halftime of Pitt-Syracuse.

MUMac
03-14-2013, 06:37 PM
O k, I posted the article, well, here is the video. The article must have been written by the Charlotte SID. All I can say is WOW. I hope this crew is off for the remainder of that tournament and all post season tournaments. This was horrible.

The play under the basket reminded me of Amo against Louisville and I could see a foul, but a T? Really? And giving 3 on the foul? Really? This crew should be one and done as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ej79YfWz_Nw

KMWTRUCKS
03-14-2013, 07:45 PM
I'm not even sure the made FT was a foul the player was blocking out and the charlotte player lost his balance. He did push him a bit after the basket was made but
these guys both are fighting for a rebound that never happened. The charlotte player started on one side of lane and did not get a small nudge until the other side of the lane. I feel like the reason he fell was 75% him when the other player stopped blocking out.

MUMac
03-14-2013, 07:52 PM
I'm not even sure the made FT was a foul the player was blocking out and the charlotte player lost his balance. He did push him a bit after the basket was made but
these guys both are fighting for a rebound that never happened. The charlotte player started on one side of lane and did not get a small nudge until the other side of the lane. I feel like the reason he fell was 75% him when the other player stopped blocking out.

I disagree. Once the Richmond player extended his arms, that was a foul. Yes, they were battling, but the arm extension is far too obvious.

The thing is, he had no reason to battle for position on the first rebound. If they miss and the guy gets the rebound, he likely shoots. Play the passing lane, as they need a 3 to tie.

MUMac
03-14-2013, 08:31 PM
Just heard on TV the reason for the technical is because the FT had already been made when the foul occurred. Apparently the right call. Now for the 3 FT's, that was not a shooting foul.

ziggysfryboy
03-14-2013, 08:32 PM
Greenburg and Jay Williams did a solid re-enactment in the studio.

MU/Panther
03-15-2013, 01:34 PM
Wow, up 3 with 4.7 seconds left, foul and get three Ts. Charlotte's Pierria Henry hits 8 straight free throws and Richmond loses by 5.

I watch the game live. Henry made 8 of 11 free-throws.

The viewers didn't know that the call was a three shot foul because NBC had no clue. Plus, there studio show didn't get it right. NBC drop the ball. ESPN buzzer beater rip the Richmond coach because nobody knew what that the refs call the 49ers player was taking a three at half court.