PDA

View Full Version : SI Article on the ACC and Madison Square Garden

ge1974
03-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Pete Thamel in SI writes that Madison Square Garden should sign up the ACC for their conference tourney- long term. Kind of a slap in the face to the new Big East, if you ask me.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130314/acc-madison-square-garden/

I really hope all three of the New Big East Seven win their games today in the garden.

DCwarrior
03-14-2013, 11:59 AM
MSG would be wise to put off those considerations for a while. What's the ACC going to even look like in 5 years? After the B1G, SEC and Big 12 poach additional schools away, the ACC is going to be a shell of it's current/near-future self.

The result of the Maryland-ACC lawsuit could really be a game changer.

The Reptile
03-14-2013, 01:33 PM
I saw this in Dodds' board. Thamel is a Syracuse alum, was a sports writer/editor for the Syracuse student newspaper, wrote for the local Syracuse paper and covered hoops for ESPN. He's not exactly an unbiased source or opinion on the matter. This is his opinion and his wishes. And clearly, he's not going to make many friends in the ACC.

MayorBeluga
03-14-2013, 01:48 PM
Duke, given their huge alumni presence in NYC, would love it. The ACC would probably do it for spite and just to try and damage the (new) Big East. The (new) Big East needs to get MSG locked up sooner rather than later.

Gato78
03-14-2013, 02:59 PM
With Fox1 in our corner, as well as the Duke Carolina home court advantages (and NC State), I don't see any way the ACC would make MSG its annual conference tourney home.

TulsaWarrior
03-14-2013, 03:24 PM
The ACC as long as it"s arounf will be "Tobacco Road" oriented.

TrevorCandelino
03-14-2013, 04:01 PM
"Bludgeon the Catholic Seven before they even tip off. "

Why is a comment like this necessary? I realize he is a Syracuse alum but I found this really off-putting and unprofessional, especially since he never discloses his personal bias in the article.

mufan2003
03-14-2013, 06:24 PM
I hope Mike Broeker, Scott Kuykendall, etc, pass word of this guy's piece to Buzz so that he gets shut out for any interviews or quotes in the future. What a douchebag.