PDA

View Full Version : The importance of Buzz

MU Viking
03-13-2013, 01:38 AM
Our university leadership should look no further than the DePaul Scout board to find how important it is to do what we can to keep Buzz here and happy. DePaul fans are ripping Purnell a new one, and some are doing the same with their administration. Although I really don't care for DePaul or its fans, I find myself pitying them and feel really sad reading these threads there. It's hard to argue with any of it-- the program is an embarrassment,

Find a way to keep Buzz here over the long haul. He is the most important ingredient in keeping our Athletics program functioning at a high, recognizable level.

mufansince72
03-13-2013, 07:10 AM
I agree 100%!

TulsaWarrior
03-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Decisions on coaching hires and the type of coach who can be successful at a particular institution are extremely important. In most cases hard core fans of the basketball program and supporters of the university understand this because they have lived with the results of good and bad decisions. Newcomers to the institution many times do not pay attention to institutional history or think they know more than they really know. Sitting in on meetings and seeing many school administrators in action would leave a sane man walking away shaking his head.

Goose85
03-13-2013, 09:18 AM
The unfortunate part of losing in college athletics, after you have had previous success like DePaul, is alum almost seem embarrassed to say where they went to school, especially to others that are sports fans.

I can only imagine how tough it would be for MU fans in offices with Wisconsin, ND, etc fans if we were to lose Buzz and slip back into the Dukiet years due to one bad coaching hire. It can be really tough to come back from one bad hire, and there is no guarantee the hire after the bad hire is a Tom Crean or Buzz Williams.

I really do feel bad for DePaul fans, especially those that are friends of mine, and feel blessed that we have had Crean and Buzz back to back.