PDA

View Full Version : Koenig State POY

Phantom Warrior
03-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Didn't expect that. I wonder how many coaches, and which coaches, vote for all-state and POY.

This should really set BK's dad in motion next year. Could lead to even more fireworks around Mad
Town then I had previously anticipated.

By the way, Burton on third-team all-state. Can't say I'm all that surprised by that result.

mufansince72
03-13-2013, 12:42 AM
Badger Bias

MUMac
03-13-2013, 05:29 AM
Yeah, it only means something to birthersarefools and badger fans. He is not the POY. Good player, but there are better in the state.

TedBaxter
03-13-2013, 06:19 AM
I'm not the expert since I have only seen a couple of the first teamers in person, including Koenig. Bronson is very, very good and he may be the best player. All the top players are at different positions and play different games.

Congratulations to Duane Wilson and Deonte Burton.

Nukem2
03-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Didn't expect that. I wonder how many coaches, and which coaches, vote for all-state and POY.

This should really set BK's dad in motion next year. Could lead to even more fireworks around Mad
Town then I had previously anticipated.

By the way, Burton on third-team all-state. Can't say I'm all that surprised by that result.Yes, not surprised at Burton on 3rd team. He had a relatively quiet senior season all things considered.

bleedbluegold03
03-13-2013, 08:47 AM
Duane and Bronson will have 4 chances in the coming years to tell us who the better player is

Goose85
03-13-2013, 09:24 AM
If Luke Fischer was going to Wisconsin, the POY would have been Fischer. If Duane Wilson was going to Wisconsin he would have been POY.

Koenig is good, but I think Fischer should have won POY.

Mark Miller
03-13-2013, 09:27 AM
Koenig would have been choice No. 4 for me, behind Fischer, Wilson and Thomas.

Goose85
03-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Well, according to the voters Bo and UW got the best player in the state in Koenig.

I guess one thing that goes along with player of the year is, if Koenig doesn't outshine Fischer, Wilson and Thomas, then that is all on Bo for not taking the best player and further developing him. I guess the pressure is on Koenig to become an NBA player under Bo .

Next year should be interesting at the UW.
Bo Ryan is a very good coach, and Big 10 COY.
A top 20 talent coming out of high school and Big 10 all freshman team in Dekker.
Player of the year in Wisconsin again this year in Koenig.
ESPN top 100 player this year in PF Nigel Hayes (#85).

Marquette
03-13-2013, 11:49 AM
When looking at college polls, I always look to AP Poll instead of the Coaches Poll because AP writers watch as many games as they possibly can and coaches are too busy with their own teams. On the flip side, high school coaches are a close community within themselves and really know what is going on.

So the AP writers say Koenig is the Player of the Year. Where did the coaches have him? Not All-State, not even Honorable Mention. Seems the coaches understand that Koenig was suspended this season. TWICE! The writers must not know that. If you do things that get you suspended twice in one season, should you really be POY?

Then look at Burton getting 3rd team All-State. Pretty tough company with the first team, so can't argue there, but not 2nd team? He was not better than Botz, Stone, Fuller or McKay? Bullcrap. If anyone knows who voted on the AP All-State team please post.

IWB
03-13-2013, 12:03 PM
One thing that I have always noticed with the AP and Journal All-State polls in both football and basketball is the state championship/playoffs. These guys don't get a chance to see many people at all, so you will often see the All State Team, especially in football, filled with players that played in the last two rounds of the playoffs and in the championships, because that is all they see.

There was one year where the guy that covered preps for the Journal had his All-State team, and aside from the 3 commits going to Wisconsin, you could tell what playoff games he went to because the entire all-state team was from 3 specific playoff games and the state championship games. So, if a guy from Filmore Junior High is good enough to get offers from 5 mid major D-1 schools, but Filmore never hits the playoffs, he has no chance. There is something wrong with that. At least Greg will have taken some great game photos though.

MUMac
03-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Jim, why do I always think of Marcia when I read your posts lately?

MayorBeluga
03-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Jim, why do I always think of Marcia when I read your posts lately?

Hmmm. Gato as groovy Greg, IWB as the whiny insecure Peter, Lil Bro as the annoying Bobby and Hamo as soon-to-be cancelled Cousin Oliver. Makes sense, actually.

IWB
03-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Actually, Goose85, aka 'LittleBro' is older, so he would be Peter & I would be Bobby - good call on Hamos as the soon to be cancelled Cousin Oliver

MUMac
03-13-2013, 07:09 PM
I am not sure which is worse, being Peter or wanting to be Bobby instead of Peter.

warriorfan4life
03-13-2013, 07:31 PM
So, over/under on November 30th, 2013, on Koenig transferring to Tennessee?

MUAlphaBangura
03-13-2013, 08:08 PM
I am not sure which is worse, being Peter or wanting to be Bobby instead of Peter.

I know what is worse--- That the Mayor actually knew all those characters names!!!!

Gato78
03-13-2013, 08:09 PM
I say Koenig waits til end of 1st year. Saw how mid season hurt Maymon. This presumes Dekker is still there.

Hamostradamus
03-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Hmmm. Gato as groovy Greg, IWB as the whiny insecure Peter, Lil Bro as the annoying Bobby and Hamo as soon-to-be cancelled Cousin Oliver. Makes sense, actually.

Say what you want, but off screen, Cousin Oliver got more Brady ass than the family toilet seat.