PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Question

JDubMU
03-10-2013, 07:39 PM
How is Big East COY determined? Voted by whom?

IMO Buzz deserves this award. Although I keep hearing talk of JT III as a front runner for the national award. Which I would imagine screws Buzz for the conference award. I hope he wins, but am guessing the Gtown love gives it to JTIII.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-10-2013, 09:18 PM
Another question is when is it decided, if we do good in the conference tourney will that count?

MUMac
03-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Another question is when is it decided, if we do good in the conference tourney will that count?

I thought I heard it was announced on Tuesday. Today was the All Conference Selections. I think tomorrow may be the Player of the Year and Tuesday the COY.

lj854
03-10-2013, 09:36 PM
How is Big East COY determined? Voted by whom?

IMO Buzz deserves this award. Although I keep hearing talk of JT III as a front runner for the national award. Which I would imagine screws Buzz for the conference award. I hope he wins, but am guessing the Gtown love gives it to JTIII.

Pretty sure coaches vote for conference COY and media votes for national COY, which means a Buzz/JT3 split is certainly a possibility.

mufan2003
03-11-2013, 07:55 PM
I happened to remember how Buzz has said on more than one occasion that he always casts his coach of the year vote for Mike Brey (I forgot the reasoning behind him saying that). So I believe it is the coaches that vote on COY. Announced Tuesday along with POY and ROY.

Markedman
03-11-2013, 07:59 PM
POY and ROY could both be unanimous. Porter and Sampson.....

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Buzz should play he cards right and vote for Brey again lol.