PDA

View Full Version : Covered by the Victory...

bleedbluegold03
03-10-2013, 12:49 PM
Mayo had a terrible, terrible final 90 seconds:

- Turn it over on the inbound

- Give up the corner 3

- Miss the front end of a 1-and-1

- Give up the easy drive on the tying play for regulation

I am shocked SHOCKED that Buzz stuck with him even for the final play. Luckily he woke up and put Trent back in for OT.

Worst 90 seconds I've seen a Marquette player play in a long while...nearly blew the Championship for us

MU_Iceman
03-10-2013, 12:51 PM
Mayo had a terrible, terrible final 90 seconds:

- Turn it over on the inbound

- Give up the corner 3

- Miss the front end of a 1-and-1

- Give up the easy drive on the tying play for regulation

I am shocked SHOCKED that Buzz stuck with him even for the final play. Luckily he woke up and put Trent back in for OT.

Worst 90 seconds I've seen a Marquette player play in a long while...nearly blew the Championship for us

Even worse, you come on here and rip one of the players. Well done! :mad:

AlexJesswein
03-10-2013, 12:57 PM
Yes anyone that says anything negative about Marquette or a Marquette player can burn in hell! :rolleyes:

Nukem2
03-10-2013, 01:02 PM
I thought Todd was fouled on the inbounds play...?

lj854
03-10-2013, 01:12 PM
I thought Todd was fouled on the inbounds play...?

I thought so too.

MU_Iceman
03-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Yes anyone that says anything negative about Marquette or a Marquette player can burn in hell! :rolleyes:

I've criticized the TEAM myself, but ripping a player is uncalled for IMO.

MUMac
03-10-2013, 01:56 PM
I've criticized the TEAM myself, but ripping a player is uncalled for IMO.

He didn't rip the kid. He pointed out the mistakes he made over the last minute or so. The plays that helped lead to SJU's comeback and OT. If you disagree with his position, comment. Otherwise, get off your high horse.

As for Mayo, I thought he was fouled as well, on the inbound. The game tying play seemed like a team effort, a lot of matadors on MU's side for that play.

I think there are plenty of fingers that could be pointed at for the play of MU at the end. Davante contributed, Junior contributed ... It was a team effort, not just Mayo.

TheSultan
03-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Not to incur the wrath of Iceman, but I thought Mayo really struggled too. Not only for the reasons mentioned above, but he took a couple three point shots that I thought were extremely questionable.

Halo
03-10-2013, 05:34 PM
It's inexcusable to rip a MU player. Wait a second.........

Bocephys
03-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Not to incur the wrath of Iceman, but I thought Mayo really struggled too. Not only for the reasons mentioned above, but he took a couple three point shots that I thought were extremely questionable.

He's been doing that all season. He just happens to make them once every 6 games and people magically forget about the other 5.

TulsaWarrior
03-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Buzz is in a tough spot. He wants to bring Mayo along because he has the skill to help this team go further in the NCAA Tournament but the whole season has been disrupted because of the suspension. If Mayo was to play up to potential how far could Marquette go? How do you build his confidence? That is what I've seen Buzz trying to do -- build confidence while making good decisions.