PDA

View Full Version : Seed predictions

MU Viking
03-10-2013, 12:49 AM
Anyone have any NCAA Tournament seed predictions?

I will assume our first opponent would be Notre Dame and second would be Louisville...

Lose to Notre Dame: 4 seed, maybe a 5 (our resume certainly seems to give leeway for keeping a 4 seed with an early departure, but there always seems to be a team that slips a bit due to an early conference tournament ouster, and I think we might be a candidate for that if we were to lose. I would like to think we've wrapped a 4 seed, but I know better based on history.)

Beat ND, lose to Louisville: 4 seed, maybe a 3 (enough other teams would probably have to lose relatively early for us to move up to a 3 if we only win one game. New Mexico losing today helps, I think, but we may need teams like K State and Ohio State to go down in flames. A 3 is certainly possible here, but I'm leaning toward a 4 here as well.)

Beat ND, beat Louisville, lose in final: : 3 seed (I don't think we'll be given enough respect to get a 2 in this scenario, but I think this would solidify a 3 without a shadow of a doubt.)

Win it all: 2 seed (team would be riding high on a strong finish to the season, would have a share of BIG EAST regular season title and the conference tournament title. I don't think the resume is quite there for a 1, but a 2 would have to be a lock.)

Anyone else with thoughts on this? It's interesting to think about. Obviously, you want to see them run the table, but at least one win would solidify that 4 seed, I think, and put us in position for a possible 3.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-10-2013, 03:43 AM
Too much depends on what the other potential 3 seeds do also. It's possible they match what MU does.

MUBB713
03-10-2013, 08:08 AM
Lose to ND- 4 but a decent chance at a 3

Beat ND, lose to UL- 3

Beat ND, beat UL, lose in final- 3

Win it all- 2 with an outside chance at a 1

mufansince72
03-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Probably the number 1 or 2 four seed now.
Lose first game probably last 4 or first 5
Win one game in BE tourney stay at 4 or be last 3 seed
Win two games probably #1, 3 seed
Win it all probably be a 2 seed

MU Viking
03-10-2013, 11:59 AM
MUfansince72-- exactly my sentiments.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-10-2013, 12:32 PM
When you look at the resume's of the 1 and 2 seeds this year there is no way we make it to the one line even with a run, just not happening. To get a two seed we would need some help along the way from those teams losing and none of the other 3's making a run. Realistically I think it we win the conference tournament we will be a high 3 seed.

IWB
03-10-2013, 02:45 PM
When looking at the seedings, remember that Kansas State, New Mexico, Florida, UNLV & Syracuse all lost yesterday.

Lunardi had....

Florida as a #2 seed
New Mexico as a #3 seed
Kansas State, UNLV & Syracuse as #4 seeds

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-10-2013, 04:20 PM
Bracket Matrix has us as the last 3 just above Ohio St.... That said the difference between us and OSU is VERY small. That said above us there is a decent gap between us and the third 3 seed.

bleedbluegold03
03-10-2013, 05:15 PM
if it does come down to OSU and us for the last 3 seed, it probably is better that we didn't play them. That being said, 1 win this week will lock up a 3 seed for us

ValiantSailor
03-10-2013, 05:33 PM
That being said, 1 win this week will lock up a 3 seed for us

Keep in mind that the consensus seeding from fan boards is often one seed too high. Don't be surprised if your "lock" follows that pattern.

Personally, I'd be surprised if MU is anything but a four-seed...unless we win the BET.

VS

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-10-2013, 05:36 PM
I think to lock up the final 3 seed we have to be one win better than OSU. So if they go 1-1 we have to go 2-1

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Updated Bracket matrix today has us .10 behind OSU. That said I averaged out only the brackets that were updated today and of the 32 brackets that were current they have MU with an average seed of 3.47 and Ohio St at 3.44 so right now it's a complete toss up. I really think it comes down to who gets further in the conference tournament. And if they get equally as far then it comes down to who they beat. I personally think our resume is just a tad better than theirs.