PDA

View Full Version : The Case for Buzz Williams – COY

TulsaWarrior
03-09-2013, 07:55 AM
All season I’ve been waiting for a star to emerge on the Marquette basketball team. For awhile I thought it would be Vander Blue or Devante Gardner. The truth is 10 or eleven players had moments this season. Marquette may be lucky to get a second team all conference player named. This is no knock on the players but rather a compliment to the team. Many of these players could have put up bigger numbers had they picked other schools.

There’s a lot of talk about player development in college basketball. The sportswriters are telling us that Marquette has perhaps one future NBA player on this squad. Don’t count on it. I think there will be more if the Buzz Williams magic continues like it did for Jimmy Butler, Jae Crowder, Lazar Hayward, DJO and yes Wes Matthews.

All of these players owe their shot at the golden ring to Buzz and his ability to draw the absolute best out of them.

To win at the level Marquette has won this season with the level of talent and the stages of individual development on this team means there’s an exceptional coach getting it done. Marquette fans owe Buzz a tip of the hat and a thank you for the season.

The experts have been taught a lesson this season about the Buzz Williams lead Marquette Basketball program.