PDA

View Full Version : Expecting a Nail-biter

Phantom Warrior
03-08-2013, 12:13 PM
On paper we should be favored for tomorrow's game, especially with SJ without Harrison and Pointer.

Still, I'm expecting a close game. Losing Harrison in some ways might be addition by subtraction as he was volume shooter with relatively low percentages.

Also, somehow teams undergonig adversity often surprise. The game at the BC when Jerel couldn't play comes to mind as one example.

Additionally, St. John's is the type of team that can give us trouble - an athletic shot-blocker on defense and long, quick athletes at other positions.

Finally, it's a road game, and any road game can be a challenge as we've found out on numerous occasions this year.

I will be surprised if we lose, but I will be evn more surprised if we win easily.

Djgoldnboy
03-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Boys will be focused, eyes on the prize and will want this for themselves as much as they'll want it for Buzz. I am not expecting a loss is all I'll say.

mutpm
03-08-2013, 12:22 PM
I understand your point, but I have a different view. I won't be surprised by a nail-biter, but I'm not expecting it. I think MU is up 6-12 most of the game. I don't think it will get to cruise control mode until about 2 minutes to go.

MUMac
03-08-2013, 01:00 PM
I am expecting MU to come out strong and hard. As Djgoldnboy said, they will be focused and have a lot to play for. I am not expecting a nail biter at all.

Nukem2
03-08-2013, 01:20 PM
SJU is 5-3 at home with the losses to Rutgers, G-Town and Pitt. Wins were over ND, SHU, DePaul (OT), UConn and USF. Of course, ND clobbered SJU the other day in South Bend. With the loss of Harrison and Pointer, who knows what to make of all that. Buzz, on his TV show Wednesday, was very wary of this game given what has happened with SJU. We shall see.

Gato78
03-08-2013, 05:30 PM
St. Johns was a middle of the road team with Harrison and Pointer. We should win handily tomorrow.

pbiflyer
03-08-2013, 07:26 PM
So, Ice, what do you say?

MU_Iceman
03-08-2013, 07:42 PM
So, Ice, what do you say?

This one was over when the schedule came out IMO. MU stays in control most of the way in this one. Anything else would completely shock me.

milkbone
03-08-2013, 07:43 PM
MU is favored by 7 pts Saturday vs St Johns.

warriorfan4life
03-08-2013, 08:08 PM
Got to get off to a quick start and break Johnnies spirit. Let them stick around and it could be a dog fight. If we can get an early double digit lead, it should be a Marquette romp.