PDA

View Full Version : It's not too early.........

MUAlphaBangura
03-07-2013, 01:08 PM
To start planning for next year's conference tourney. Personally, I think it will be way cooler to go to the FIRST conference tournament of the New Big East, than going to the last conference tournament of the OLD Big East. Think it would be great for as many MU fans to make that trip(along with as many fans as possible from the rest of our conference brothers) to show the rest of the college basketball world we belong at MSG. Would be awesome to fill that place up. We all have a year to start organizing our schedules to include next year's tourney. Let me be the first to say-- I'm going to be there!! :D

IWB
03-07-2013, 01:21 PM
Good points Bangura - I know when the whole situation surrounding MSG & the tourney came up, Syracuse, Pitt & UConn fans were ripping the BB-7, saying that so many of the fans there are from their schools, that the new conference will never fill up the venue etc etc.

B. S.

That is one thing about schools like Creighton, Xavier, Butler, MU etc - They don't have a football program. So, their fans are never going to say, "I just can't swing it, I blew my money going to the Poulan Weed-Eater Bowl." Basketball is what these schools have, so they support their teams. Why does Creighton always finish in the top 15 in the nation in attendance? Because Creighton Basketball is what they have in Omaha. So why would anyone think their fans wouldn't travel? Or MU fans? Or Xavier fans? Or Butler fans?

The one big difference here - At the current Big East Tournament there are often issues(minor scuffles) because many of the fan bases hate each other. I mean HATE. But who do you absolutely despise in the future Big East? Nobody. The crowd at the tourney next year will set the bar for the future. How high they set it is unknown, but it is up to those that will be there to make it an absolute must see event for future years to come.

pbiflyer
03-07-2013, 01:23 PM
I was just having this conversation with a friend. Yes, I want to make sure that we have a full house. Count me in.

ge1974
03-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Count me in next year. What's there to do in New York city, anyway?

Warriors69
03-07-2013, 02:35 PM
Glad you guys are coming. Welcome to my house...

Mucrisco
03-07-2013, 02:36 PM
My buddies and I always talked about going. Count us in.

ge1974
03-07-2013, 02:40 PM
We will need a Brew City Ball event at a local establishment during one of those days. No fair if IWB has to buy one single drink, either.

Gato78
03-07-2013, 02:53 PM
BS ge1974. IWB is buying!

Hamostradamus
03-07-2013, 02:55 PM
We buy IWB cocktails, get him good and liquored, and then he'll give us all the gossip.

MUAlphaBangura
03-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Count me in next year. What's there to do in New York city, anyway?

I've always said-- It's never really acceptable to lose, but if you're gonna lose, you might as well be in NYC!

Mucrisco
03-07-2013, 02:58 PM
I've always said-- It's never really acceptable to lose, but if you're gonna lose, you might as well be in NYC!

That's what I say about the Final Four and New Orleans.

ge1974
03-07-2013, 03:11 PM

Who knows? Perhaps , "Buzz" the musical will be performing on Braoadway by then.