PDA

View Full Version : ND to ACC Next Year?

Goose85
03-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Looks like ND is trying to work with the ACC on moving there next year. The problem is they haven't negotiated an exit from the Big East yet. Looks like Cincy, USF and UConn may get another nice chunk of change to divide between them.

Another reason why the C7 deal is a very good one, not only did the C7 not have to pay an exit fee, the C7 didn't have to pay a multiplier of the exit fee to leave before the 27 month window expired.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/9022342/notre-dame-fighting-irish-join-acc-summer-school-negotiate-big-east-exit-according-sources

The Reptile
03-06-2013, 11:09 AM
This deal keeps getting better. I would trust that all additional exit fees would be split evenly. Giggity!!!

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-06-2013, 11:15 AM
By not being able to collect on the other exit fees that is essentially an exit fee. I agree they got a good deal but they didn't walk away without sacrificing something.

Goose85
03-06-2013, 11:16 AM
The Big East would have let ND go if they just agreed to schedule football games with remaining members. ND said no, so my guess it will cost a pretty penny for ND to bolt this quick.

Goose85
03-06-2013, 11:20 AM
By not being able to collect on the other exit fees that is essentially an exit fee. I agree they got a good deal but they didn't walk away without sacrificing something.

Correct, but if you estimate the C7 would have had to cough up around $10 million each in exit fees, that is $70 million bucks right there. Add to the $70 million the $10 million the C7 is getting along with Big East name / MSG - not bad at all.

Fox wanted the new Big East next year so the C7 had to negotiate an exit, and not having to pay extra to leave is a great deal in and of itself.

TheSultan
03-06-2013, 11:22 AM
This deal keeps getting better. I would trust that all additional exit fees would be split evenly. Giggity!!!

Not with the B7 though. I think what the old BE did was negotiate something with the B7 first...then dealt with ND afterward.

Nukem2
03-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Not with the B7 though. I think what the old BE did was negotiate something with the B7 first...then dealt with ND afterward.

Thay would be my take as well.