PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Rice post game

MUBasketball
03-05-2013, 10:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p-M_GuRLFA&feature=share&list=UUTiv1AaoDPKf0ytwg5yS3Iw

TulsaWarrior
03-06-2013, 07:24 AM
How painful for Coach Rice. Rutgers played well for most of the game and deserved to win. On an off night for most of the Marquette team Buzz kept shuffling the deck and there was enough left in the tank to pull this one out.

Warriors69
03-06-2013, 08:13 AM
Felt bad for Mike Rice, but not bad enough for us to lose. Mike as you know is a former Marquette assistant and have known him from his Fordham undergraduate days (he was at Fordham during their last NCAA tournament appearance). We renewed acquaintances at Rose Hill shortly after he took over at Rutgers. He had great things to say about him time in Milwaukee.

I attended the game last night, never thought we'd win that game. Before the game I figured our 2 bigs would dominate. Davante, Otule and Mayo were invisible, team FT shooting was bad, Vander and Jamil saved us. The RAC is a great place to watch a game, since it more like a high school gym. Tickets were $4, and was able to move down to near mid court with 10 minutes gone in the first half. Spoke to some Rutgers fans at half, they are fearful they will get clobbered in the Big 10 in both major sports. I told them not to worry, that conference can't even count. I can't diagree with them, they may be on the same level as Northwestern.

MUMac
03-06-2013, 03:58 PM
I never buy into the deserved to win when they lost. If there was a call that decided it, yes, then they deserved to win. MU fought back and did what they had to when it was crunch time. MU deserved to win more than Rutgers because MU won.