PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting questions

TulsaWarrior
03-04-2012, 08:18 AM
First and foremost Buzz has earned our trust and respect. That said Aaron Durley has had one of the most unusal senior seasons I remember a recruit having. Anyone remember what Amal McCaskill's senior season was like in high school? I think he was a team manage, he had a decent career at Marquette and time in the NBA. Durley just is not getting any PT at Bush HS. He has an outstanding prep coach with D1 coaching experience. I know he is playing behind a future NBA center but still? It's just a curious situation. Everything I read says he is a great kid with outstanding athletic potential. Is he still recovering from that achille's injuty? Junior came back pretty fast from a similar injury. I'm also hearing that Durley is still growing.

Here's a link from a recent interview with him. http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/durley-seeks-state-title/12zei2j9?cpkey=86b8c1c5-2462-4474-a3d9-18b03901d88e%7C%7C%7C%7C

While we're talking recruiting I'm predicting that Jamal Ferguson will end up being a better version of UConn's Jeremy Lamb. Ferguson has a 7 foot wingspan and is growing. TJ Taylor is a bigger verison of DJO. Steve Taylor has added muscle and height in the past year.

Back to that first question : Stealth recruit, Aaron Durley, has been practicing daily against Cameron Ridley. The Longhorn recruit is a 6-11, 250 pound center who is ranked in the top five in the country overall.

TedBaxter
03-04-2012, 09:20 AM
McCaskill didn't play much at all as a junior at St. Joe's, but did get time as a senior. I'm not sure he was a starter as a senior, although I do know he wasn't a team manager his last two years of high school.

As far as Jamal Ferguson, I don't think he's the take charge offensive type to be a Jeremy Lamb level player. In fact, I think his ranking by analysts has take a fall because he's willing to play team ball and that's very apparant when you watch videos of his Boo Williams team. While others on that team were jacking up shots going one on one, he was trying to move the ball and was playing hard on the other end.

I'm not sure if T.J. Taylor comes in and starts right away like DJO did.