PDA

View Full Version : Post-game (and snow blowing) random thoughts

MayorBeluga
03-05-2013, 09:19 PM
1. It remains concerning to see he difference between pay on the road and at home. Some difference is certainly understandable but the current difference is amazing.
2. That said, major kudos for stepping up. A win is a win.
3. Vander's midrange jumper is something to behold. Just sweet.
4. Reason # 74,258 college hoop is better than the NBA: coaches wearing school color ties. Loved Buzz's tie tonight.
5. Anyone else want to kill that groundhog who said we would not get 6 more weeks of winter?
6. Steve Taylr is gonna be really, really good once he figures out how to play defense. Rutgers went inside whenever Taylor was in the game.
7. Big East officiating continues to amaze (and that's not a good thing).
8. Give credit to Rutgers for not giving up on the season.
9. If Hizzoner's calculations are correct, we have the #3 seed locked up unless Notre Dame beats Louisville and MU beats St. John's. Feels wrong to say it, but go Domers and go Cuse (so MU can tie GTown). Of course, the calculations could be wrong. The Mayor is no mathlete like Caribou Jim.

Nukem2
03-05-2013, 09:42 PM
G-Town could lose one or two... I see a 3 way tie...?

kneelb4zerg
03-05-2013, 09:45 PM
Favored by 6 and won by 6.

MayorBeluga
03-05-2013, 09:45 PM
A three way tie gives MU the 3 seed. In the mini-conference, G'Town is 2-1, Ville 1-1 and MU 1-2. Basically, MU loses the tie breakers to Ville (head to head) and G'Town (split, but thy beat Ville).

kneelb4zerg
03-05-2013, 09:51 PM
How do we have any worse than the 3 no matter what? We clinched it already.

Nukem2
03-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Yep, can only get better in terms of BET and the title......

MayorBeluga
03-05-2013, 09:54 PM

Sorry - should have been clearer. I knew what I meant, you just couldn't figure it out with my crappy explanation. We can move to #2 with a win & Ville loss. Almost anything else gets us #3, unless Ville loses to ND and G'Town loses twice and we win. Unlikely, but...

MU_Iceman
03-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Sorry - should have been clearer. I knew what I meant, you just couldn't figure it out with my crappy explanation. We can move to #2 with a win & Ville loss. Almost anything else gets us #3, unless Ville loses to ND and G'Town loses twice and we win. Unlikely, but...

Or a Ville loss and two GT losses gets MU the #1 seed. :p That's the one I'm pulling for.

MUBB713
03-05-2013, 11:36 PM
The only benefit to finishing second or third is you get to play at night on Thursday. That's more for selfish reasons though. It'd be awesome if they could win it outright but it's not a big deal. MU would still be champs. I think there's a good chance gtown drops 1 of those two and you never know with ND. They beat UL last time.

DCwarrior
03-06-2013, 06:48 AM
L'ville won't lose to ND. I see a payback blowout game in that one. G'town could easily lose one their two games however.

CaribouJim
03-06-2013, 09:23 AM

Yes, you should have been clearer and you are correct - you are nowhere near the mathlete that CaribouJim is, then again, who is?