PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts from the game....

IWB
03-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Thoughts from the game.....

1) Is there and bad blood with Otto Porter and Jabril Trawick? Pregame national anthem, both squads lined up on the court and as soon as the song was done, both teams met at half court to shake hands and say good luck....except for Porter and Trawick. For whatever reason, those two stayed back while the rest of their teammates met the MU players at half court.

2) Jamil Wilson's T. Really? I could hang on a nerf hoop longer than that without pulling it down.

3) If MU gets Pat Driscoll in the BEast tourney I may puke. There was one call tonight, he was under the hoop out of bounds - 6 guys packed into the lane, and at the free throw line DJO strips Clark from behind. Donato right there calls nothing, Driscoll, who I am convinced could barely even see those two because of the players between them, blows his whistle.

4) "I Believe That We Will Win"... best student chant ever, also loved the multiple "Let's Go Warriors" chants. Way to go students, carry that on to next season!!

5) How about the speech by Pat Idstein? Impressive Pat, impressive.

6) Jae Crowder - will he get Big East PoY? Bigger question is, why has that voting already taken place? Shouldn't that be voted on after the regular season is complete? Jae's performance tonight should have made him a lock, but the voting had already taken place. Dumb.

7) Davante Gardner's leg is stiff, he should have just put it over his shoulder and carried it, but damn was he effective!!

8) 19,000+ fans had to impress the host of recruits there tonight. Well done MU fans, well done.

9) Jae & DJO combined for more than half the teams points, more than half of the steals and close to half of their rebounds. They will be missed.

10) #2 seed in the Big East Tournament - "I Believe That We Will Win!"

Mark Miller
03-03-2012, 10:27 PM
Absolutely, 100 percent agree with No. 6. In this age of technology, they should WAIT until the regular season is completely over. Crime if Kevin Jones wins the award, especially considering West Virginia is bolting the league.

Gato78
03-03-2012, 10:31 PM
1. Jamil's T was totally warranted. Pulled himself up on the hoop. Stupid on his part but a great dunk.

2. Officials were pathetic today. Buzz yells at Junior at end of first half to run clock then call time out. Driscoll gives MU a timeout. They were awful today.

3. Davante seemed uninjured whenever he touched the ball--otherwise, he was limping pretty good.

IWB
03-03-2012, 10:33 PM
I didn't see him pull himself up, I just thought it was the time he was up there, which was not much.

I honestly couldn't figure out why Driscoll stopped the game. It was clear that Buzz was talking to Junior, then Driscoll just heads to the scorer's table. Very odd.

MUMac
03-03-2012, 11:01 PM
Jamil not only pulled himself up, but spun off it (in a 360 move). I thought the T was deserved. That said, I thought the crew stunk. Donato is always inconsistent and an official I cringe at seeing. Not that he is against MU, just that he is bad. I had finally begun to understand and appreciate how Driscoll calls and controls a game ... then came today. It was one WTF after another. He anticipates plays and makes the wrong call far too often today. In addition to the TO and DJO foul, he called two really bizarre fouls on Jamil today. One where he blocked the ball with his forearm. Driscoll gives the motion that the arms were not straight - so what? There wasn't any illegal contact! Then late in the game, he calls a foul on Wilson for his body. He had to go up to Wilson twice to explain - each time Wilson rolled his eyes.

Lastly, between Donato and Driscoll, the charge/blocking foul was as poorly called as I have seen it this year.

This crew was the 2nd worst of the season - behind the Nova road win.