PDA

View Full Version : Amanda Braun named new Athletic Director

IWB
03-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Milwaukee release on Amanda Braun (http://www.uwmpanthers.com/genrel/030413aaa.html)

MU/Panther
03-05-2013, 08:57 AM
I really don't understand why people on JSonline and on the other messgae board don't like this hire. I don't know if it's good or bad. If they hired the Whitewater guy, I don't know if that would be good or bad. The problem I have is some bashing Northeastern. Some need to look at what they have in sports.

Jimmy Lemke
03-06-2013, 05:22 PM
It has very little to do with Amanda Braun and everything to do with Paul Plinske. Many saw Paul as the perfect candidate.

MU/Panther
03-07-2013, 11:52 AM
It has very little to do with Amanda Braun and everything to do with Paul Plinske. Many saw Paul as the perfect candidate. Why? What where the things that Paul said that Amanda didn't, in what some liked?

Jimmy Lemke
03-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Why? What where the things that Paul said that Amanda didn't, in what some liked?

I think Paul's networking was impeccable during the process. And I think a lot of us saw what he's done with Whitewater - I'll begin and end with the $10 million in fundraising at a DIVISION III school - and figured he was perfectly fit for our job due to his ability to start immediately, not have to take time getting used to being in the big shoes, and his knowledge of the UW System.

But the more I see of Amanda Braun, the more I'm convinced she's a keeper. Her "bag of swag" joke made me literally laugh, something that shows me she is personable and can work a room. She's raised money herself, and the staggering difference in numbers between she and Paul Plinske was probably due to the fact that she wasn't NU's main fundraiser. And she also has knowledge of the UW System - consider that she was the one who led the charge that built the Kress Center, an amazing deal.

Plus I like sticking it to GB. She's moved on to bigger and better things at Milwaukee ;)