PDA

View Full Version : Bucky...

Nukem2
03-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Is getting throttled at home to a so-so Purdue team. Ouch...And on Senior Day as well...double ouch...

kneelb4zerg
03-03-2013, 02:08 PM
So the Badger lunatic fringe spends the day yesterday pissing all over MU's awesome senior day win/ceremony, and then their team turns around and takes a giant crap all over the Kohl Center on their own senior day. That's too bad..

MU_Iceman
03-03-2013, 02:19 PM
Welcome back Bucky! THIS was the Wisconsin team we all thought they were this year. What a glorrrrrrrious day/weekend of ball in Wisconsin. :) Their RPI fell from 25 to 40 with that loss and no B10 title for them. heck, they may finish 5th now and not get a bye in the B10 tourney. Uh oh!

Nukem2
03-03-2013, 02:22 PM
Welcome back Bucky! THIS was the Wisconsin team we all thought they were this year. What a glorrrrrrrious day/weekend of ball in Wisconsin. :) Their RPI fell from 25 to 40 with that loss and no B10 title for them. heck, they may finish 5th now and not get a bye in the B10 tourney. Uh oh!
Home court losses to bad teams wreak havoc on the RPI.....

MayorBeluga
03-03-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm sure Fran can explain how this is actually a good thing for the government school's team.

MU_Iceman
03-03-2013, 02:51 PM
Home court losses to bad teams wreak havoc on the RPI.....

EXACTLY! And hence why i was always so mad when MU would lose a home game every year. We currently don't have to worry about that though. :)

mufansince72
03-03-2013, 03:04 PM
I was driving and listened to the Badger pregame show. I don't think he likes Sr day celebrations much. Said they do a video instead of letting the players speak. Wouldn't want the players to get emotional or anything! I only wish my trip was longer so I could have heard the Badger second half meltdown.

TedBaxter
03-03-2013, 03:14 PM

Just don't get pissed when Badger fans cite your comments the next time they gloat over a Marquette loss.

This is the perfect example of why you never look past your next game. Rutgers is the only opponent right now for MU.

MUMac
03-03-2013, 05:11 PM
The contrast between Marquette and the BC versus UW and the Kohl Hole could never have been more broad. Perhaps UW needed more empty seats to generate some noise in that building. ;) I have been to a few games (business purposes) at the KH and it really is a morgue. Maybe a better comparison is a library. There must be a librarian assigned there to make sure there is not any noise.

The basketball atmosphere is truly lacking there. As I said, the contrast to MU is stark.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-03-2013, 05:18 PM
Just don't get pissed when Badger fans cite your comments the next time they gloat over a Marquette loss.

This is the perfect example of why you never look past your next game. Rutgers is the only opponent right now for MU.

I get what your saying but as fans it makes 0 difference if we look past Wednesday's game. The team needs to be focused but it makes no difference if I am or Iceman is.

As for the badger fans gloating when they beat us I figure they will do that even when they lose to us, they just gloat all the time. Might as well enjoy it :)

2012Warrior
03-03-2013, 09:28 PM
The contrast between Marquette and the BC versus UW and the Kohl Hole could never have been more broad. Perhaps UW needed more empty seats to generate some noise in that building. ;) I have been to a few games (business purposes) at the KH and it really is a morgue. Maybe a better comparison is a library. There must be a librarian assigned there to make sure there is not any noise.

The basketball atmosphere is truly lacking there. As I said, the contrast to MU is stark.

Bo Ryan is the librarian and their style of play ensures that there is no noise.

Hamostradamus
03-04-2013, 08:04 AM

I attended a Badger game against Minny a couple years ago, with really good seats. The crowd was dead and except for a few minutes when Bucky took the lead, it was incredibly boring. It was explained to me later that the band was away with the football team and that was why it was so quiet. Seeing the swing offense in person it is not hard to see why the crowd doesn't cheer much. And if you rely on the band to keep the energy up, yeesh. I think the idea that Wisky can't have winning basketball if it goes away from the swing to a more up tempo style is baloney.

TheSultan
03-04-2013, 08:10 AM
I attended a Badger game against Minny a couple years ago, with really good seats. The crowd was dead and except for a few minutes when Bucky took the lead, it was incredibly boring. It was explained to me later that the band was away with the football team and that was why it was so quiet. Seeing the swing offense in person it is not hard to see why the crowd doesn't cheer much. And if you rely on the band to keep the energy up, yeesh. I think the idea that Wisky can't have winning basketball if it goes away from the swing to a more up tempo style is baloney.

I have a real good friend who is a Badger season ticket holder, and he takes me to a game or so a year when I make it back to Madison. He said that there is a bit of a malaise around the program right now. That things were exciting when UW had program that was growing and people got excited about - but now everyone realizes that while Bo is a great coach, there is a talent gap that has been been growing. And yeah, the style of play doesn't help.

MUMac
03-04-2013, 08:15 AM

Well, I have been there with the full band and still no noise. It must take music to get the UW crowd pumped. You can't have too much of 2001 Space Odyssey and Sweet Caroline to get the crowd involved, I guess. It just can't be they have a boring brand of basketball, now can it? For some reason, UW fans always have excuses.

TedBaxter
03-04-2013, 09:35 AM
You missed Tequila.:rolleyes:

MUBB713
03-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Don't underestimate a big ten band as I have some badger family and friends and all they care about is the band. A lot of people complained to the big ten network that the bands weren't shown enough which is why you see more at halftime of the football games now. I don't get what the big deal is and I find it pretty lame that they are that into it.

Anyway, I too have been to badger games and I feel that anything more than a light golf or tennis clap is frowned upon in most situations. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about offending anyone for being too loud as I always secretly root against them when I go to a game.

IWB
03-04-2013, 03:21 PM
Still remember being at a Packers game years ago. The half time show was the Badger band - fine, great, no problem. The Packers beat the opponent that day, and as had become tradition, Reggie White had gathered about 20 guys from each team at midfield for a prayer. As they were all down on one knee praying, the two old ladies behind me were just screaming, "Would you get them off the field so the band can play!?!?!?"

Really? Reggie White is out there doing his thing and you want them to kick him off the field so the Badger band can play?

It still rings in my ears to this day.

MUMac
03-04-2013, 04:37 PM
The Badger Band in football, and even hockey, is a MUCH bigger deal than the Badger Band in basketball. Aside from the aforementioned songs, along with the UW Fight Song and If you Want to be a Badger, by Ted and I. But, even if they are a big deal in basketball, that is what it takes to get loud at a UW Basketball Game? Really?