PDA

View Full Version : OT- Congrats to MU Men's Lacrosse Team - First Official Win!

ge1974
03-02-2013, 06:12 PM
They beat Air Force today 8-6 in Colorado Springs! Big congrats to Joe Amplo and his team!

http://www.gomarquette.com/sports/m-lacros/recaps/030213aaa.html

Its been a great day for MU fans!

The Reptile
03-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Big win. Seems like they were the better team all day if the twitter posts properly reflect the game. Laxpower.com is like the RPI for lacrosse. We were ranked 61 out of 63 before the game and are ranked 30 now. That's 6 slots higher than Duke. A great start for MULAX and the first of many.

One last thing. My son, who is a HS freshman & is playing JV LAX, has been following the team closely. He's traded email with the head coach who seems very accessible and is very good at promoting the team.

MU Viking
03-03-2013, 11:27 AM
I know the lacrosse coaches very well-- Joe Amplo, Stephen Brundage and John Orsen-- and I can tell you they are first rate guys and awesome coaches. They fit the Marquette mold extremely well. I could not be more thrilled for them getting their first win this early. There was speculation they wouldn't be able to win a game this year. Impressive accomplishment in Year 1.