PDA

View Full Version : Nova, Cinci, or St. John's

Phantom Warrior
03-02-2013, 05:39 PM
It looks like six BE teams are locks for the NCAA.

If the league ends up with seven, which of the three teams above is the most likely to make it?

Can eight conference teams make it to the Big Dance? If so, which two of the three?

I'd love to see Nova make it. The Wildcats are 9-7, but their two remaining league games are at Pitt and home against GTown. A win against either should get them in, but two losses, hard to tell the impact.

Cinci is 8-8 with a game at Louisville and home against USF. I figure the Bearcats end up 9-9, but their win today over UConn might be the deciding factor.

As for St. John's, Providence tonight in Providence could bve tough. At ND will be evedn tougher. And finishing at home against MU. I think they have to beat both ND and MU to have a shot. Beat the Friars and split with ND and MU leaves the Red Storm at 9-9.

Of course, the conference tournament will play a role as well, but just gazing ahead to the end of league play, who is most likely to grab an invitation?

The Reptile
03-02-2013, 05:42 PM
If they finish at least 9-9 they have a shot and would be classified as having work to do @ MSG.

Markedman
03-02-2013, 06:19 PM
I think St Johns is pretty much done aren't they?

kneelb4zerg
03-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Think at least two of these teams makes it, probably Nova and Cincy.

DCwarrior
03-02-2013, 08:13 PM
I think only one gets in unless another makes a run in the conference tourney.