PDA

View Full Version : New Conference

Goose85
03-01-2013, 03:16 PM
I know this is a basketball conference, and we all fixate on basketbal, but there is going to be a ton of work needed to get this conference rolling.

- Where should the conference headquarters be?
- Who is the commish, how is it going to be staffed?
- Conference bylaws.
- Who is doing the conference scheduling for the various sports? Games / matches begin in August.
- Where will the various tournaments be held?
- If we don't get MSG for hoops, is it possible to get a top notch facility for the tournament (knowing many plan in NBA venues).
- How is the selection additional members to be handled?
- What are the conferences official sports?

A lot of work to get done, especially considering there is no conference office or staff at this point.

An interesting time for the C7 for sure, enjoy the wild ride where we are in the drivers seat for a change.

TedBaxter
03-01-2013, 03:27 PM
- I think the headquarters should be somewhere in the New York City area.

- If not MSG, maybe one of the other New York area arena's like the one in Brooklyn if the ACC isn't using it. Need to maintain as much of the past as we can.

- I would like a commissioner who's kind of an outsider, at least not a Big East insider, who's familiar with the conference and has strong TV/Cable abilities.

TheSultan
03-01-2013, 03:41 PM
A lot of this stuff, like the bylaws and the staffing, is likely being done by the lawfirm that was hired a couple months ago.

Goose85
03-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Just curious, when was the last time a brand new conference at the D1 level was formed, the Mountain West maybe?

MU/Panther
03-01-2013, 03:49 PM
Just curious, when was the last time a brand new conference at the D1 level was formed, the Mountain West maybe? Don't laugh, but it's the Great West Conference in 2009.

The Reptile
03-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Why not set up the conference at the Fox Sports building? ��

Goose85
03-01-2013, 04:02 PM
I agree with Ted. If we get MSG for the tourney, then locate the offices in NYC as close to MSG as possible.

TheSultan
03-01-2013, 04:07 PM
I agree with Ted. If we get MSG for the tourney, then locate the offices in NYC as close to MSG as possible.

That's really not going to make a difference you know. I mean, I would put it in NY because that's where it has been and should continue to be.

Goose85
03-01-2013, 04:12 PM
That's really not going to make a difference you know. I mean, I would put it in NY because that's where it has been and should continue to be.

Big East headquarters are currently in Providence RI.

TheSultan
03-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Big East headquarters are currently in Providence RI.

LOL...yeah...that's right. My bad.