PDA

View Full Version : Life in a parallel universe

TulsaWarrior
03-01-2013, 10:29 AM
Having a degree from Green Bay and having covered the University of Virginia basketball team I had a great time last night watching the Tony Bennett lead Wahoos beat Duke. It got me thinking of how the Wisconsin basketball scene may have been radically different. Dick Bennett applied for the Marquette job or showed interest several times. Tony had a superficial interview when Mike Heideman was fired at Green Bay.

Herb Kohl’s decision to make a major donation to build the arena in Madison and court Dick Bennett for the Badgers meant there would be no Bennett connection to Marquette. Would or could UWGB become the small college basketball version of the Packers if the Bennett bloodline continued with Tony? How about a higher level basketball conference for GB because of the Bennett’s?

Did the Kohl fortune start with a corner grocery store catering the Marquette Community?

I'm living in Eugene, Oregon now and see the impact Nike's Phil Knight has had on the Ducks athletic program $ Before leaving Oklahoma I watch the impact one billion dollars can have on an athletic department. Thank you T Boone Pickens. Is there a super daddy out there waiting to step into the sports scene around Wisconsin?