PDA

View Full Version : The NFL Factor

Halo
02-28-2013, 05:24 PM
I haven't seen this mentioned, but the NFL via Fox could be one of our biggest promoters as the season starts. It's the number one watched sport. Think about Buck and Aikman plugging MU vs Georgetown, etc. Fox will want a return on their investment and likely will be pumping the heck out of it.
The irony of a football league pushing a college basketball league is great after the mess college football created for the non-football schools.

WindyCityGoldenEagle
02-28-2013, 06:13 PM
The irony of a football league pushing a college basketball league is great after the mess college football created for the non-football schools.

Good call...would certainly be very ironic if it played out that way.

dw3dw3dw3
02-28-2013, 09:19 PM
I like the NFL factor angle....good call.

Also would like if Fox would sign Buzz, Stevens, and others to some sort of TV contract. If I just spent a few hundred million on some TV rights, I would want to lock up the best personalities and not leave it to solely the universities.

Goose85
02-28-2013, 09:41 PM
I like the NFL factor angle....good call.

Also would like if Fox would sign Buzz, Stevens, and others to some sort of TV contract. If I just spent a few hundred million on some TV rights, I would want to lock up the best personalities and not leave it to solely the universities.

Agree, get a deal like coaches do with shoe contracts. Then have coaches in studio a few times a year to comment during games.
Edit - I mean C7 conference basketball games, not NFL games.

TrevorCandelino
03-01-2013, 07:57 AM
Love the idea but for the most part, conference season will really only overlap with the NFL playoffs....but still would be great coverage.....

MUMac
03-01-2013, 08:00 AM
Love the idea but for the most part, conference season will really only overlap with the NFL playoffs....but still would be great coverage.....

Which is peak viewership and the time that everyone is watching Buck and Aikman.