PDA

View Full Version : Genesis of Big Heads - MU Mention

CaribouJim
02-27-2013, 10:36 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-basketball/news/20130227/big-heads/?sct=hp_t11_a2&eref=sihp

More and more schools are producing their own heads, and, generally speaking, those are tamer than the heads devised by students. The most creative students do their research; they find embarrassing photos of opposing players on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and make big heads out of them. They also deftly perpetuate stereotypes: Among the noggins at Marquette's game against rival Wisconsin earlier this season was one of Badgers coach Bo Ryan and an eerily similar-looking Grinch. "That was created by the students," says Kim Mueller, Marquette's assistant athletic director who now oversees the Big Noggin program. "Sometimes [the students] do things we can't back as an administration, but as long as it is not profane we allow it."

ziggysfryboy
02-27-2013, 08:44 PM
I do believe that ZFB was the first to put the grinch out on MU's twitter when they asked for noggin ideas. and the grinch was an official noggin.

CaribouJim
02-28-2013, 10:19 AM
So if you are in a bar you can technically tell a girl that Sports Illustrated had an article about you. I wouldn't hesitate using that angle if I were you.

MUMac
02-28-2013, 01:23 PM
So if you are in a bar you can technically tell a girl that Sports Illustrated had an article about you. I wouldn't hesitate using that angle if I were you.

I believe most of the bars in Wisconsin and Illinois have restraining orders filed against ZFB. In fact, pretty sure most of the women do as well.

CaribouJim
02-28-2013, 02:56 PM
I believe most of the bars in Wisconsin and Illinois have restraining orders filed against ZFB. In fact, pretty sure most of the women do as well.

I then can empathize with ZFB. I too am very familiar with restraining orders.