PDA

View Full Version : Excuse me Mr. Boeheim about the Big East sir

TulsaWarrior
02-26-2013, 01:09 PM
Didn't the Syracuse University president play a big part in turning down ESPN's first contract offer and didn't that put the nail in the Big East? Pitt and Syracuse were key players in turning down that contract offer.

39 year head coaching veteran Jim Boeheim on the demise of the Big East. "Teams come into the Big East, they leave. Things change. The Big East turned down an offer a year ago that would have given each school $17 million. Now they are signing a deal for $3. They blew it"....and he continued with a rant on the Big East, saying if they accepted that deal everyone would have stayed put.

The Reptile
02-26-2013, 02:45 PM
IIRC, it was the president of Pitt that was ring leader in turning down the ESPN offer. The president of $yracu$e only went along for the ride.

What makes me happy is that we are now 3-0 against the two of them.

IWB
02-26-2013, 02:51 PM
Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville, Rutgers and Notre Dame. MU has a chance to go 5-1 against the Iscariot Wing!

Goose85
02-26-2013, 06:42 PM
I don't really count Louisville and Rutgers in that wing as the ship was already going down when they got the lifeline. It's Pitt and Syracuse who I will always cheer against.

warriorfan4life
02-26-2013, 09:55 PM
I don't really count Louisville and Rutgers in that wing as the ship was already going down when they got the lifeline. It's Pitt and Syracuse who I will always cheer against.

Got to agree with this as well. Also do not blame ND for bailing when they did, and besides there are plenty of other reasons to hate ND (though I like hating ND as a conference mate).

MU/Panther
02-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Let's blame WVU as well.

MUMac
02-27-2013, 12:36 PM
Let's blame WVU as well.

They are paying their penance by losing (and traveling) in the Big 12. Lots of long trips back for the boys and girls of WVU. Kind of makes me sad ... NOT!!