PDA

View Full Version : Crowd last night

MayorBeluga
02-26-2013, 10:23 AM
Last night was one of the more electric atmospheres in years. Even with the 6:00 start, the place was filled and there was a buzz (heh, Buzz) in the building. At the start of the game, the noise level was impressive. When Cuse went on thier first half run, the crowd seemed to get loud and almost (I said almost) will the team back in. When Jake hit that three and was fouled, it was deafening. Then it got louder during the last few minutes of regulation. I don't think the Fightin' 218 say down during the last 5 minutes of the game.

A few shoult-outs:
1. Students. Awesome last night. Especially loved the "Catholic 7" chant in the final minute.
2. Band director. Never been a fan of how MU scripts everything during timeouts, and unsure whether it was scripted or not, but he played Ring Out at exactly the right moment: start of the under 4 timeout. Place was going nuts and Ring Out was absoltely perfect.
3. Fightin' 218. You all know why.
4. Caribou Jim's cousin. So Caribou, originally from central New York, brings a cousin to the game who not only still lives up there, but wears bright orange. Despite the fashion and rooting sins, was a great fan and graciosuly accepted all ribbing from 218. FWIW, he said most Cuse fans hate the move to the ACC.
5. Non-student sections. Taking the cue from the students, it was LOUD down the stretch.
6. Gato. He called for big games by Davante and Junior during our pregame stategy session.
7. Al H in 218, who was calling for Jake Thomas to be inserted into the game a full 2 minnutes before it happened.

Games like this are why one has season tickets. Now we just need to take it up to 11 on Saturday.

Gato78
02-26-2013, 11:43 AM
"Games like this are why one has season tickets."

My business partner just said the same thing as we rehashed last night. That game was everything we love about college basketball from the unexpected 4 point play by the seldom used walk-on, the come back, the David vs Goliath, deafening sound, students having a ball. All of it was perfect last night.

MU Viking
02-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Anyone else catch that scandalous MCW/Vander Blue sign in the student section that somehow made the JumboTron twice? Once for at least 8 seconds or so. Amazing they didn't catch that one at the gates. Ah, college.

MUfan12
02-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Absolutely agree. Last night was so much fun. One of the best crowds since the Big 3's senior year.

There was a real sense that the crowd last night wasn't gonna let the team lose. Saturday should be a blast.

JohnnyRev
02-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but I don't get "scandalous MCW/Vander Blue sign" - ?

MayorBeluga
02-26-2013, 11:56 AM
"Games like this are why one has season tickets."

My business partner just said the same thing as we rehashed last night. That game was everything we love about college basketball from the unexpected 4 point play by the seldom used walk-on, the come back, the David vs Goliath, deafening sound, students having a ball. All of it was perfect last night.

You get season tickets and pay $30 for games against North Carolina Central, but guarantee paying $30 for lower level seats for games against Cuse and Notre Dame. Last night proves why it's a great idea to have full season tickets.

MayorBeluga
02-26-2013, 11:59 AM

Padre, the sign was both crude and funny, but let's just say that the student who made it should probably seek you out for a little Lenten reconciliation.

MU/Panther
02-26-2013, 01:02 PM
I thought to myself last night, this is why I go to every game and have season-tickets. I wouldn't think others think the same, untill I read others comments. Makes me think why the crowd didn't bring that much energy versus Pitt.

MU Viking
02-26-2013, 01:26 PM

Don't want to repeat it on here, but the sign implied that Carter-Williams' girlfriend did something inappropriate with the sign maker.

pbiflyer
02-26-2013, 07:17 PM
Don't want to repeat it on here, but the sign implied that Carter-Williams' girlfriend did something inappropriate with the sign maker.

Are we sure his girlfriend is real? ;)

Goose85
02-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Are we sure his girlfriend is real? ;)

That is "A" Game by pbiflyer.