PDA

View Full Version : Battle for Big East Title

Goose85
02-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Win out (not easy to do) and we are in really good shape.

Just looking at Georgetown - MU - Louisville. G'Town and Louisville both have 3 tough games left.

Assuming MU needs to win out to win Big East Title.
Home ND
@ Rutgers
@ St. Johns

Georgetown - A few tough games out there. I can see at least one loss in the last four.

@ UConn
Home - Rutgers
@ Villanova
Home Syracuse

Louisville - Finish with three tough games, with two at home.
@ DePaul
@ Syracuse
Home Cincy
Home ND

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Honestly I could see all of those teams finishing at 13-5, maybe even Syracuse too. Cuse finishes out with UL, then Depaul, and then @G'town, they should be pretty damn motivated to prove themselves. If They were to all tie it would come down to a mini-conference. The records for the mini-conference would be: G'town: 3-2, Syracuse: 3-2, Marquette: 2-2, Louisville: 1-2

Georgetown is sitting really pretty right now, they have a 1 game lead and right now they hold just about any tie breaker scenario that exists. If I am reading it correctly if we were to tie with G'town the first tie breaker is head to head, and since we split that the next criteria is best record against the next best common opponent. At this stage that is Louisville which wouldn't bode well for us given that G'town beat them, but if Syracuse was able to beat UL and take their place in 3rd that would be good for us... this could be very complicated but MU needs things to break EXACTLY the right way and win out.

kneelb4zerg
02-26-2013, 10:10 AM
As far as tiebreakers go...I think that only matters for seeding purposes at the BET. If multiple teams have the same record, aren't they all BE co-champions for the regular season?

MUAlphaBangura
02-26-2013, 11:03 AM
As far as tiebreakers go...I think that only matters for seeding purposes at the BET. If multiple teams have the same record, aren't they all BE co-champions for the regular season?

I believe so. Regardless of how many tie, we will be hanging a banner.