PDA

View Full Version : Damn Buzz can coach

Gato78
02-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Kept us in and had the guts to use the big lineup--even at the beginning of the second half. Syracuse was longer, better shooters, bigger and overall better players at damn near every position. Our group showed serious sack (to quote Alpha Bangura) but that was due to Buzz. They could have folded mentally but Buzz kept them in. You want sack....pulling Vander for Jake Thomas. That was an insane coaching move but Jake made him look like a frickin' genius.

And another thing.....the worst officiated game of the season. I was concerned when I saw that trio at the beginning and they did not disappoint. They sucked badly for both teams but it taints the win as I am sure Syracuse fans are griping about the officials--rightfully so. They were really bad both ways, though.

GOMU1104
02-25-2013, 09:19 PM
Taints the win? Really?

And yes...Buzz just out coached a Hall of Famer. The guy is something else...

MUAlphaBangura
02-25-2013, 09:23 PM
And the sack award for tonights game goes to------- The Team. Total team effort from the coaches to every player that logged minutes tonight.

Nukem2
02-25-2013, 09:24 PM
Actually, the refs were no worse than other crews...of course, that's not saying much. :(

GOMU1104
02-25-2013, 09:30 PM
I don't mean to hijack the thread...but the way this league is officiated it's ridiculous. The games are too physical and not enough fouls are being called.

I'm all for "letting them play," but this is getting out of hand.

TulsaWarrior
02-26-2013, 07:14 AM
Lets get this thread back on track. Buzz coached his ass off last night willing his team to beat a Syracuse roster full of future NBA players and a Hall of Fame coach. Not a bad nights work. And not a bad nights work for someone with rough edges.

Hamostradamus
02-26-2013, 08:41 AM
We need to make sure we don't lose him, espciailly if he gets the BE COY nod.

Goose85
02-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Love seeing Buzz out coach the legendary hall of famer. I hope the administration realizes how lucky we are to have this guy.

I can't see right now how Buzz is not BE COY. Lost two draft pics and has a team picked in the middle of the BE at the top.
Win out at Buzz is COY and MU wins the Big East. I would have never taken that bet in October.

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
02-26-2013, 09:42 AM
There is no way Larry Williams could have been in the BC last night and looking around and not have been impressed. If I were AD I'd have done something for him that night or the very next day to show appreciation, that was special.

Halo
02-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Best Coaching job of the year for Buzz. He's a terrific Coach.