PDA

View Full Version : Syracuse

Goose85
02-25-2013, 01:09 PM
I firmly believe that had Pitt and Syracuse not left the Big East, the conference would still be going strong and would have already landed a very good tv deal.

With that being said, this may be the last time we get a regular season shot at Syracuse, and I'd really like to finish with a season sweep of Pitt / Syracuse.

National TV, big crowd, big time game with the loser likely done in the race for the regular season Big East title.

Need a big game from Vander, Jamil Wilson needs to hit that mid range turnaround shot, and we could use someone to nail a few 3's.

Can't wait to get to the BC for this one, should be an awesome atmosphere.

MUBasketball
02-25-2013, 01:20 PM
I firmly believe that had Pitt and Syracuse not left the Big East, the conference would still be going strong and would have already landed a very good tv deal.

I'd like to believe that, but I just don't think it's true. When you see the $$$ each football school is getting in these power conferences, you realize by comparison the Big East was paying peanuts. Once those conferences came calling, they were going to leave...regardless of what kind of TV deal the Big East would have had at the time.

IWB
02-25-2013, 01:43 PM
I do think it is true. If the BB-7 are going to land a network deal that is better than the Big East football deal, what would they be able to land if Syracuse, Louisville, Pittsburgh and Notre Dame were still in?

Remember, they turned down a $1.4 billion deal because they wanted to negotiate with NBC & Fox. They never got the chance to negotiate as the conference that they were when offered the $1.4 bil.