PDA

View Full Version : Temple

Goose85
03-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Looks like Temple for sure to the Big East in 2012 for football, and maybe basketball too.

Temple is Syracuse like in football, and along with Memphis will help to offset the loss of Syracuse in hoops.

If there are no other defections, Big East hoops - still up there with any league, Big East football - a better product than before and more marketable to TV.

http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/29532522/35063868

MKE_GoldenEagleFan
03-02-2012, 03:08 PM
I know there is no way to do it, and it will never happen, but if you cut out a couple of the bottom feeders in the league the Big East would actually be a very strong BBall conference even without Cuse, Pitt and WVU... unfortunately with those schools leaving we had to water it down a bit... however having a top of the conference that consists of G'Town, Marquette, Temple, Memphis, Villanova, Louisville, UCONN and Notre Dame is extremely strong, that is 8 programs that are annually top 25 programs... and I am not just talking schools that are sometimes good and bad, these names are consistently up there. Add to that St. John's is starting to recruit better, Seton Hall is on the bubble for the first time in awhile, and Rutgers looks like they are headed in the right direction and we will be just fine. The concern comes in when we get to the idea of losing Louisville, or UCONN to another conference... because then things start to get crazy.

With that being said, as strong as our top 8 are, we do have a bottom few that leaves a lot to be desired in Basketball... USF is having a nice year, but generally is horrible, I don't even need to mention Depaul, and SMU. UCF has potential but who knows where that will lead... UH has two good recruits coming in, but will likely need to continue that top recruiting to stick in the BE, there is definitely potential there though.